New puppy!!!!...Can I handle 2 bullies?!?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I always say, "Everyone needs more than one." :)

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I vote yes! Having two dogs is so much fun! It's so entertaining to watch them play. And I think having a puppy is easier when you have an older dog to help with potty training (and they do help a lot!). And when you leave them home alone, they have company. Most of my adult life, I've had 3 dogs at a time. My older dogs have always accepted puppies very well. Good luck!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My screen name is a dead giveaway as to what my answer is :D

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Jackie, I have to agree with everyone else, 2 Bullies are definitely better. Having more than 1 at the same time is more work at first, but it is definitely more fun, plus they are good company for each other. I have a male and a female, they are litter mates, I bought them at the same time, so they have been together since birth. That doesn't always guarantee that they will get along. I have heard that its better to have a male and a female, as they usually get along. Enter, but there are many who have 2 females or 2 males and they get along fine as well. Sometimes 2 females can be jealous of each other and 2 males can be aggressive with each other. It's best to introduce a new puppy to your dog in a neutral place. I would go for it and you will love having 2.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I have two bullies and we almost got a third one about a year ago, but it was not the right time for the first two. The younger one was at that kind of age that we were not sure we could handle one teenager and a puppy. IMO you have to be sure that you have time for another and that the older one is well trained and you have no problems with him. The pup will most definedly look up to the older dog and will pick up any bad habits that he has and figure out some new ones on the side. I konow pups are adorable and it's hard to resist, but do think it out carefully. A pup will not for example quiet down a wild teenager...soon you will have two who are out of control...Sorry to be a spoil sport.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'd have to say pull a Nike and "Just do it"!! They're so cute!!

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
I say go for it!! I have always had 2 or 3 dogs although only 1 bulldog. Hoping to change that in the future. Right now I have Dually (bulldog) who is 6 and Gunner (boxer) who is 11 months and a handful. I say the more the merrier and you can never have to many bulldogs!! haha

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I cannot offer any advice on getting a second dog, but have to say that those pups are adorable! Look at those tiny hands!

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
I have two and wouldn't have it any other way.It is double the cost but Double the fun out ways all the negatives.Our two were from different breeders but are only 3 days apart in age.Wheezie is a Frenglish and Abbott is an Olde English.Good luck and have fun!! uploadfromtaptalk1428443580728.jpg

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
:hissy:

Two is not always better than one!!!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Ever hear.... "Don't judge a book by its cute little cover"?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428450551.521863.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428450639.610571.jpg

[MENTION=6717]dolphin[/MENTION]

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
So, I've always said I wanted a second bully....I think Ruckus would we over the moon with a little friend...but I never really acted on it. Well, Ruckus's breeder just had a litter (on Easter!) of puppies. They're from Ruckus's grandmother and I think this is her last litter. The puppies look so much like Ruckus's litter! I don't know why, but this picture really made me want to bring a little sister home for Ruckus.

I just wonder -- is it really that much harder with 2 of them? Isn't it @Manydogs that always says "What's one more dog?"

We take Ruckus with us on vacation a lot, so we'll just take the other one too, right? Besides the fact that our Queen sized bed will be taken over by snoring bullies, I'm really into the idea. I also think I'll feel better about getting a dog sitter if I go on trips they can't come on, because they'd be together.

What do you guys think?

Oh and I think I want a girl and her name will be Regina. [emoji2]

View attachment 85912

Holy Cow. Don't listen to Manydogs. She will get you into trouble every time. She can train animals with just a look. Think Long and Hard. I went from a Velcro *** on the couch to a Spring *** off the couch. Rogan wants out, Emmitt wants in, Rogan was faking, Emmitt won't come in. To be honest I don't know I would go two again. We enjoyed taking our little Frenchie everywhere. Weekend trip to the Smokys Mts. etc. but two Bulldogs does make it harder. We are vested now. I wouldn't take $50,000 per pup but man it has been hard. One minute life is good then the next they are fighting like they are killing each other. Brotherly love I guess. I don't mean to be Mr Negative it has been a lot of work. If the Ahh can we pet the cute Bulldog. Weesie and I turn to see what sweet cute bulldog they are referring to. More work... Ralphie

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Aww they are absolutely adorable :luv: I say if you are ready for the commitment then go FOR it!!!

We have always been a 2 doggie household, and we are debating on getting another doggie. I don't know if I would own 2 bulldogs, mostly because of the expense… and in our area it has been such an ordeal finding a competent vet.

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Holy Cow. Don't listen to Manydogs. She will get you into trouble every time. She can train animals with just a look. Think Long and Hard. I went from a Velcro *** on the couch to a Spring *** off the couch. Rogan wants out, Emmitt wants in, Rogan was faking, Emmitt won't come in. To be honest I don't know I would go two again. We enjoyed taking our little Frenchie everywhere. Weekend trip to the Smokys Mts. etc. but two Bulldogs does make it harder. We are vested now. I wouldn't take $50,000 per pup but man it has been hard. One minute life is good then the next they are fighting like they are killing each other. Brotherly love I guess. I don't mean to be Mr Negative it has been a lot of work. If the Ahh can we pet the cute Bulldog. Weesie and I turn to see what sweet cute bulldog they are referring to. More work... Ralphie

I need the flip side so I'm glad you told me how things are for you. I picture this angelic world where both of my bulldogs are as sweet and easy to travel with as Ruckus and that they'll snuggle together on cold wintry nights and sprawl out together and sun their bellies in the summer. Dream world, right? I am a little worried from hearing stories that the older dog might not be accepting of the puppy or that they fight when they're older.

I'm leaning towards getting the second one but I haven't made up my mind yet. I'm trying to factor in everything everyone here has said. They're just so cute and I mean that new puppy smell is kind of like a drug.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.