New puppy!!!!...Can I handle 2 bullies?!?

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
So, I've always said I wanted a second bully....I think Ruckus would we over the moon with a little friend...but I never really acted on it. Well, Ruckus's breeder just had a litter (on Easter!) of puppies. They're from Ruckus's grandmother and I think this is her last litter. The puppies look so much like Ruckus's litter! I don't know why, but this picture really made me want to bring a little sister home for Ruckus.

I just wonder -- is it really that much harder with 2 of them? Isn't it [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] that always says "What's one more dog?"

We take Ruckus with us on vacation a lot, so we'll just take the other one too, right? Besides the fact that our Queen sized bed will be taken over by snoring bullies, I'm really into the idea. I also think I'll feel better about getting a dog sitter if I go on trips they can't come on, because they'd be together.

What do you guys think?

Oh and I think I want a girl and her name will be Regina. [emoji2]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428423713.482705.jpg

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
I have 2 now too! Just got Logan last week and he's about 12.5 weeks old and Brett is 5 mos old. They are both handfuls. They would fight most of the time. Brett is more mellow but Logan nips guess because he's the baby. Still getting them used to each other. Definitely hard work!

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
hahaha this post was awesome to read, mainly because I got put on the same boat! I welcome Tali home on the 4th :yes:. Chris just texted me one day and was like "Sandi is having another litter" and I follwed up with "SEND ME PICTURES" and sure enough! I think if you get one, that white one with the spots is to die for!!!!!!! Also, good luck! I am excited and I know how you feel thinking about it.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have always,after getting married had from 2 to 5 dogs. Yeah, I always figured after you have two, what's one more. I never had a babysitter anyway! Two is still easy. Taking four on a trip is hard for me, but sometimes I get to go to visit my sister in Md. and I take them. My dogs have always accepted a new pup-but I am wearing the patch now-and trying to quit! I am just getting too old. Can't handle any more. You know that saying "The older I get, the better I WAS!" that's me!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
So, I've always said I wanted a second bully....I think Ruckus would we over the moon with a little friend...but I never really acted on it. Well, Ruckus's breeder just had a litter (on Easter!) of puppies. They're from Ruckus's grandmother and I think this is her last litter. The puppies look so much like Ruckus's litter! I don't know why, but this picture really made me want to bring a little sister home for Ruckus.

I just wonder -- is it really that much harder with 2 of them? Isn't it @Manydogs that always says "What's one more dog?"

We take Ruckus with us on vacation a lot, so we'll just take the other one too, right? Besides the fact that our Queen sized bed will be taken over by snoring bullies, I'm really into the idea. I also think I'll feel better about getting a dog sitter if I go on trips they can't come on, because they'd be together.

What do you guys think?

Oh and I think I want a girl and her name will be Regina. [emoji2]

View attachment 85912

the pic's adorable.

if you have time to train a puppy, i say go for it. oh, but you may need a bigger bed. we traded our queen for a king..lol..

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
LOL!!! DO IT!

I would love to get a boy bully, but there's no way in the world that I could do it on my own. If I ever get married, I'd definitely push for another bully puppy!

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
We got Lola at 7 weeks and within about 3 weeks we decided to get another. When we brought Floyd home he was also 7 weeks and by then Lola was 14 weeks. There has been pros and cons to having 2 pups at the same time. Definitely lots of work training and twice the energy. But ours also bonded really quick so they took out a lot of their energy on eachother and When we can't be with them I feel better knowing they have eachother. There is still the odd day where I'm like what was I thinking ( usually when they have been partners in crime) but mostly I can't imagine life without them or without them having one another. It was expensive in the beginning with two but if your other bully is grown then all of the start of costs of vaccines ect will already be done. Also your basic training would already be done. Your biggest issue will probably be Ruckus excepting the new pup. Good luck with your decision.

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
We got Lola at 7 weeks and within about 3 weeks we decided to get another. When we brought Floyd home he was also 7 weeks and by then Lola was 14 weeks. There has been pros and cons to having 2 pups at the same time. Definitely lots of work training and twice the energy. But ours also bonded really quick so they took out a lot of their energy on eachother and When we can't be with them I feel better knowing they have eachother. There is still the odd day where I'm like what was I thinking ( usually when they have been partners in crime) but mostly I can't imagine life without them or without them having one another. It was expensive in the beginning with two but if your other bully is grown then all of the start of costs of vaccines ect will already be done. Also your basic training would already be done. Your biggest issue will probably be Ruckus excepting the new pup. Good luck with your decision.

Im still saying what did I gotten myself into?! Lol. But I absolutely DO NOT regret getting both! I love them so much. It's so much fun and happier and more lively in my household !

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Also, Jackie, you have her name picked out! That means you HAVE to get her. And I agree with the previous poster...Regina is the white one with the sweet brown spots! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I think you are a great bully mommy, so I say as long as you can handle the expenses and training and all, go for it!! Regina will have a great loving home.

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
the pic's adorable.

if you have time to train a puppy, i say go for it. oh, but you may need a bigger bed. we traded our queen for a king..lol..

Haha yeah I think an upgrade to a king sized bed is in our future. I've tried to make Ruckus sleep on the floor in his own bed, but then I miss him and can't fall asleep, so that idea lasted for less than one night!

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
We had one, then two, then three, and two is a lot easier to manage than three when going places alone. Our first vet trip with just me wrangling in a bunch of pups was comical, but now that they're all leading better it's a lot easier. Penny and Angel fought like cats and dogs until we got Jackson, I guess they just needed a man in the house! Lol

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
Oh yes, 2 bully's are better than one!!! It is nice to have someone to help though because puppyhood is exhausting but well worth the effort! My first bully was 4 when we brought our 2nd bully home and it took quite awhile for my oldest to truly accept & love the puppy but she did eventually. Lol My first recently passed away and I just had to have another so we now have an 8yr old and a 15 wk old! They absolutely love each other and are getting along so well. Go for it...puppy snuggles, grunts, kisses, and breath are absolutely wonderful.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.