Chumley has Itchy paws

Mishell

Apr 6, 2015
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley
Hi all
Just wandering if anyone has any successful remedies for itchy paws. they are at times pink but showing no signs of yeast infections.i clean them daily or 2nd daily and apply betadine , I know about the neocort but I just want to use a preventative daily and that isn't a long term use answer.
I have also used a cream called calmoseptine but because it is a zinc oxide base and Chumley licks his paws I read it's not recommended.
I would appreciate your ideas
Mishell🐾

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Hi [MENTION=13998]Mishell[/MENTION]
What food are you feeding your baby ?
Sounds like an allergy, rule out food before rule out environmental allergies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Yeah agreed. I ran out of Fromm yesterday and still waiting for the bag from online so he had to eat TOTW today :( he started licking his paws again. Thank God it's getting delivered tomorrow!

OP
Mishell

Mishell

Apr 6, 2015
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley
I live in Australia and wish I could purchase fromm pet foods from somewhere over here, I use a holistic chicken and rice formula from the black hawk range Chumley has been on the same brand food since birth and only started licking at hid paws the last 3 months I also do a cook up of chicken breast , pumpkin zucchini broccoli peas beans carrots and sometimes sweet potatoe I stopped pasta and brown rice in his cook up as I'm trying to watch his weight. I've given him some grilled salmon of lateto see of the oily fish helps and tried coconut oil massages on his paws but that increases licking as he loves it I might try some in his biscuits, what do you think is there anything you would take out of his diet that I've listed
Mishell

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=4573]Ftse 100[/MENTION] might have some suggestions

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I live in Australia and wish I could purchase fromm pet foods from somewhere over here, I use a holistic chicken and rice formula from the black hawk range Chumley has been on the same brand food since birth and only started licking at hid paws the last 3 months I also do a cook up of chicken breast , pumpkin zucchini broccoli peas beans carrots and sometimes sweet potatoe I stopped pasta and brown rice in his cook up as I'm trying to watch his weight. I've given him some grilled salmon of lateto see of the oily fish helps and tried coconut oil massages on his paws but that increases licking as he loves it I might try some in his biscuits, what do you think is there anything you would take out of his diet that I've listed
Mishell

Hi Mischell, I live in Australia and I had Ftse on Black Hawk and it did not agree with him to start with he was fine he was on this for about the same time as Chumley if not a little more but slowly he had yeast buildup and his paws went red but his ears were the worst I have changed him to Advantax sensitive Tuna and Rice and he is so far doing great on it he has been on this now for seven months I also noticed when he was on the Black Hawk his tear stains were very bad maybe this is not the case with your Chumley but I have taken Ftse completely of chicken as I found that was not agreeing with him and neither was beef we give him lamb with is kibble.
Just to mention I spoke to the vet about his problems he said it is not food related but I have proved that was wrong so don't go too much on what they say.

OP
Mishell

Mishell

Apr 6, 2015
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley
I will chase up the advantage sensitive tuna and rice ,thank you for the advice everyone ,ile give chumleys paws an Epsom salt paw soak today ��

Harleysmommy

Apr 6, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Aug 1,2015. Harley (RIP baby girl) July 22, 2002 -March 26, 2015
I would suggest cutting out all sugary foods from Chumley's diet. Yeast thrives on sugar so if it is possibly yeast, that will help. Also a daily foot soak in 1 cup vinegar to a gallon of water may be helpful.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I will chase up the advantage sensitive tuna and rice ,thank you for the advice everyone ,ile give chumleys paws an Epsom salt paw soak today ��

it is a blue bag and sells for $135.00 for 15kg I thinks it is Advantax

Most Reactions