Bedtime?

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Belle sleeps with us in our bed every night. She's curls up in her spot and doesn't budge the entire night. We've noticed that she tends to put herself to bed promptly at 8:00 and she hates getting up before 7:00. Last night at 8:30 we noticed she wasn't in the living room so I checked our bed, and sure enough she was sound asleep under the covers :rolleyes: Apparently she needs her beauty sleep LOL. This morning we got her up at 6:30 (to see the kids get their Easter bunny stuff) and she was NOT happy. She grumbled and parked herself in front of the heater. Are all bulldogs this serious about bedtime and sleep?? I've never had a dog that put herself to bed :giggle:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea gets grumpy if it is much later than 9pm when she goes to bed and if she gets up much later than 530 am as it interferes with her morning nap and throws off her routine.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
what a great picture!

yes, Nitschke and Banks both had strict bedtime in their head and would let me know if I was late going up .... I'll let you know if Lambeau develops it, he is currently 5 mths and just goes with the flow for know

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Lola and Floyd go to their beds at 9pm but they sleep on the couch from 7-9 while the family is watching TV. They also need their beauty sleep.

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
What a funny picture :)

Yes Frank is usually tired around 7pm and he'll sleep with me on my recliner while I read and settle down for the night. When he actually goes to his crate is whenever I'm feeling like he's taken over my chair and I have no room left haha. He's old enough now that he'll sleep though the night, and it's useless trying to wake him up to potty now anyway, he WILL NOT budge! It's funny to hear him grumble and groan.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Walter is the same… he crashes on the couch w/me to watch TV before bedtime. And of course after our early breakfast he goes to take another snooze… Lol

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
Yes our two go to bed all the time by themselves.And they love our heaters.
uploadfromtaptalk1428358331922.jpg

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Ruckus has a super comfy dog bed that he'll fall asleep on in the living room. Once he heard me head to the bedroom he jumps up and follows. If it gets too close to 11:30/12 and I haven't gone to bed he'll get up and whine a little and just look towards the bedroom. Once in awhile he'll put himself to bed without me, but he likes to sleep in the same room as his people.

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Ruby will go and sit at the bottom of the stairs around 9:30/10pm as if to say come on now it's bed time if we stay up later then this which we do on a weekend she'l give a little whin from the bottom of the stairs or come in the lounge to us and nod towards the stairs as if to say come on its past our bedtime....when it comes to getting up she hates weekdays as I have to get her up early she'l often lift her head look at me and go back to sleep come weekend she'l get up anything from 8/9am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
I must be the only one who has a bulldog that dosent sleep much!!!! Meatball could go all night if we let him, that boy loves to play!! Although he is starting to calm down a bit. He will be 3 so I guess maybe now he will be a typical bullt

luvmytuker

Jan 10, 2015
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Tucker has to get his third walk in about 830, then like to have his yogurt when he gets back, with a dollop of pb in it, then about 930 heads on back to bed. He's up at 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I have a bulldog that is either sleeping or eating or playing with the kids. So, if the kids aren't around to play with, she's pretty much asleep... I work from home so she plops right down next to me asleep. I would walk to the kitchen to eat, she'd wake up, plop down next to me and sleep. I would walk somewhere else, she'd wake up, plop down next to me and sleep. Kids come home and she's wide awake following kids around with whatever they're doing until the kids settle down and she back next to me asleep.

And then I have a bulldog that is constantly poking anybody with his frisbee begging us to throw it. I don't think he ever sleeps.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online