Does your Bully scratch up your wood floors?

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
We have all tile in the house except the kids room and part of my room, I love it.. So easy to clean, I have a shark steam mop that I use about once a week to sanitize the floor other then that I just run a mop over it with mr clean.. LOVE it.. I too love your floor LisaRN...

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I have wood laminate floors and tile on my first floor, where the dogs live.

I would recommend the laminate wood flooring. I have had no problems with scratches or knicks but would caution that the dogs do have trouble getting footing on the floor and have gone flying into a door or wall more than once. It's easy to clean and, as [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] points out, nothing cleans it better than a mop and dry. I used a Hoover Spin Scrub and a SteamVac and nothing worked as well as wash and hand dry.

The tile is okay but the grout looks dirty and if there is an accident, you can have a hard time getting the remnants of the accident out of the grout areas.

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
I got maple floor in the kitchen, Duke has never scratched it.......but.......if goes running into the kitchen after a tossed toy.......he'll slide and crash cause he can't stop. It use to be funny until he took out two chairs on our dinette set when he slide into them. Sooooooo, we limit our tossing of the toys to down the carpet hallway these days.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I read somewhere that it's not good for their joints to be on floors like this all the time ... that they should have lots of area rugs. Anyone know if there's truth to that?

OP
G

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I know too much bare floors, of any kind, I think, is not good for them. When we first got Arrow, we lived in a house that was entirely ceramic tile. He was going to handling classes, we planned to show him. But slipping and sliding, even as a puppy, on all that tile effected his gait. His hind feet actually turned out and he was walking so goofy, he couldn't be shown. Then we moved when he was about 8 months old. This house has carpet everywhere except the bathrooms, kitchen and the laundry room. Within a couple months of no tile, his gait had completely corrected itself. (Of course by then our daughter, who was going to show him, had turned 16, gotten her drivers license, a car and her first job. So she was no longer interested in showing him.) But the carpet was soooo much better for him!
Also, update on the flooring question for our family room: We had a carpet guy come out and he was honest with us (that's a surprise, huh?). He said he thought if we had the carpeting professionally cleaned (we have a Hoover steam-cleaner we'd been using), he thought we'd see a big difference. He said he didn't think the carpet was as "dead" as I thought. So we had the whole house professionally cleaned (with the truck-mounted thing, pretreat and all) and we're really pleased! Now, after seeing [MENTION=530]LisaRN[/MENTION]'s lovely "wood look" floors, we may go that route later on. But right now, we're glad we just had everything cleaned.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
:heart: [MENTION=530]LisaRN[/MENTION] flooring! I contacted the company when this was first posted to find a dealer in the area.. they never contacted me back :(

I'm glad your carpet came out nice [MENTION=881]Gertie's Mom[/MENTION] ! I hated the junk in our living room, but hubby was dead set against taking it out.. He went on an all day fishing trip once and me and the doggies ripped it out :up: He doesn't go away all day anymore ...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.