ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It has been raining here all day, and my internet has been down. I have been dying to tell you guys what Mr. Wally Gator did this morningā€¦ :ohmy: We have metal fencing in our backyard, and normally in the mornings if it's nice I leave the backdoor wide open and fix breakfast while Walter chills out on the covered porch or in the yard. Well TODAY he got ahold of his varsity ball earlier than normal, I usually put it up at night because he barks his head off and I'm trying to be a "nice" neighbor. Anyhoo I hear Wally bark and it sounded like it was the front yardā€¦ I look out the window, and the gate was wide open and his varsity ball was next to it. SOMEHOW he banged the ball onto the fence so hard it popped it open. I about had a DAMN strokeā€¦ I RUN thru the door in my pj's and I don't see Walter, so I start yelling for him. He was all the way down our small driveway headed for the street, and Thank GOD he ran right to me back in the yard. When I got back in the house, I swear I was having trouble catching my breathā€¦ :whew:

SO I bungee corded BOTH the fence gates in case he tries that againā€¦ I guess I might as well buy fence locks, but that would be hard if the mowing co comes on another day. But oh well, my piece of mindā€¦ I swear these dogs can are seriously going to be the death of us ALL!!!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Oh my word, I would have done the SAME thing! I'd run our half dressed no shoes, whatever. I can imagine the panic! I'm so glad he was still just right there! Tyson has given me his fair share of panic attacks, anxiety & stress. But the love outweighs it all!!! Glad Mr. Wally is safe & sound!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Glad you discovered the lil' stinker before he got too far! They are so ungrateful-all we do for them!:sneaky2:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Things we do when we panic for our babies I remember the day I was running like a lunatic when Ftse got out the front from our guest that stood at the door taking his shoes off with the door wide open. Thank god Walter was safe.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh No, I would have had a panic attack. Thank Goodness he ran back to you, and didn't keep going. I'm so glad he's okay.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I'm lucky in the sense. Vegas doesn't wander. He refuses to go past the driveway unless he is in a car. Orion would bolt....but she would go to my friends house about a 1/2 mile away. (at least I hope) Every time we go on a walk...doesn't matter which direction we start or what streets we take...she knows when we hit Jerrie's house. She walks up the driveway and will sit in front of the garage until they open it for her.

https://youtu.be/U3u9aYVdwVM

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Holy moly! I nearly had a heart attack just reading what happened! [emoji15] glad all turned out ok. Walter you little stinker! Quit giving your mom heart attacks! [emoji3]

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
SysmƤ
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Yep, that would of taken a few days out my life expectancy. So glad he is OK.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I could just feel the panic, my goodness:fie: Bennie opened our front gate by pushing it to the side once, I couldn't believe it. It's a massive metal gate that rolls on a trail kind of thingy... He bulldozed it with his head so he could get out. I was luckily just outside mowing the lawn there so I saw him and that's why the gate was unlocked (Africa). But it was good, now I know never to leave it unlocked for even a minute. Glad he's ok:whew: <3

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Oh boy! I would have panicked too! Luckily with Jovi she know's not to leave our yard, whatsoever unless she is running to our neighbor next door. And even then she runs through the grass - never the road. And she also knows how to look for cars... but boy I think I still would have panicked.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm lucky in the sense. Vegas doesn't wander. He refuses to go past the driveway unless he is in a car. Orion would bolt....but she would go to my friends house about a 1/2 mile away. (at least I hope) Every time we go on a walk...doesn't matter which direction we start or what streets we take...she knows when we hit Jerrie's house. She walks up the driveway and will sit in front of the garage until they open it for her.

https://youtu.be/U3u9aYVdwVM

I have never seen Walter leave our driveway, and he was in the driveway when I called himā€¦ just couldn't see him behind the cars.

Orion is hystericalā€¦ she was checking behind her to see if you were still coming or not. She's a woman on a missionā€¦ Lol ;)

Cassius

Apr 1, 2015
Houston, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cassius
So glad he's ok, and good think you noticed it before he got too far! My little one probably would have tried to make a game out of it and started running.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
oh wow.. i'm still shocked that he was able to get the gate open. we've been wondering what kind to get around the back of the property and now I know I need something bulldog proof.

thank god he's ok. can imagine how frantic you were.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.