Demodex

maggiemashinske

Jan 3, 2015
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
maggie
Maggie had mange also, it was around her eyes mostly and in her face folds. My vet did the dips and some medications. It takes awhile to clear up but it will. I wouldn't do the dips myself though, maggie would stay at the vet for 2-3 hours while they did the dip and watched her to make sure she didn't lick it off of her fur. She also went more often then every2 weeks, whenever I felt she was itching she would go in for a dip. I believe it had to be atleast 10 days in between. They were also putting some type of gel in her eyes so the dip wouldn't get into her eyes. But she would be really tired right after the dips but the next day she would be fine. I was getting really frustrated with it and then next thing I new it was gone.

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Maggie had mange also, it was around her eyes mostly and in her face folds. My vet did the dips and some medications. It takes awhile to clear up but it will. I wouldn't do the dips myself though, maggie would stay at the vet for 2-3 hours while they did the dip and watched her to make sure she didn't lick it off of her fur. She also went more often then every2 weeks, whenever I felt she was itching she would go in for a dip. I believe it had to be atleast 10 days in between. They were also putting some type of gel in her eyes so the dip wouldn't get into her eyes. But she would be really tired right after the dips but the next day she would be fine. I was getting really frustrated with it and then next thing I new it was gone.

They never did offered they'll do the dip at Butchko or I would've said yes instead they gave us directions. Wasn't that difficult really. I had to put ointment as well in the eye. We go back in 2 weeks to check again.

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You might want to call the vets office and mention how he's doing… but YES lethargy is a side effect. After his dips Wally would lay around for the rest of the afternoon at times… I seriously wouldn't attempt the dips myself, did he tell you to do that?!!

He was seen I think a vet tech or another vet there, prescribed it. I'm not sure if that was Dr. Butchko..he just seems nonchalant about it. Then the receptionist (or maybe another vet tech) gave us instructions

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Most people recommended Butchko from my experienced last night I'm keeping Brett's regular vet even if he charges more.

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh and even requested for physical exam for Logan and Bordatella vaccine and he never did examined him just gave him the vaccine

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I was so upset that I almost cried going back home. U would think people recommended that place coz it was really good but not from what I experience.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm really sorry… we are having extreme weather here today w/rain and tornado warnings. My internet is off/on all morning...

Well I also think the reason the dips are done at the vets is because the poison is ALSO toxic for you, especially to inhale you need a mask. And just like Maggie's case, we went in once a week for 7 to 10 weeks and then it was completed. If I were you I would contact your regular vet and see what his recommendation on the dips are. I will attach a listing that we have for recommended bully vets… I'm sure in LA you have plenty to choose from. [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] [MENTION=6717]dolphin[/MENTION]

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I've never used Dr.Butchko's myself but he was our breeder's vet and is very well known. Are u looking for a new vet? there's Dr.Kraemer who handles all the SCBR bulldogs. I've heard great things about him.

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
The dreaded word. Mange. I Just quizzed Weesie on Rogan mange. Dips on nce a week for three weeks, then every other week for three months. She would drop the ole boy off in the morning. The Vets office did the dips then the rest of the time he dried. I think they scraped the area to make certain things were going well.
Don't take this wrong and maybe no two treatments or Vets are the same but when Weesie takes the boys she only sees the Vet. She wants the diagnosis from the horses mouth. Another thing Rogan was to take No Baths during the dipping process. Emmitt would get "His" Sunday night bath and strut around like hot sh--. Rogan felt like old horse hair. The Vet told her this many dips on each day. If your not consistent to what he tells her not to even start. Sure enough after the last dip all is well. PS Rogan was getting treats while Emmitt was in the bath. It's no fun but stay consistent. Ralphie

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The dreaded word. Mange. I Just quizzed Weesie on Rogan mange. Dips on nce a week for three weeks, then every other week for three months. She would drop the ole boy off in the morning. The Vets office did the dips then the rest of the time he dried. I think they scraped the area to make certain things were going well.
Don't take this wrong and maybe no two treatments or Vets are the same but when Weesie takes the boys she only sees the Vet. She wants the diagnosis from the horses mouth. Another thing Rogan was to take No Baths during the dipping process. Emmitt would get "His" Sunday night bath and strut around like hot sh--. Rogan felt like old horse hair. The Vet told her this many dips on each day. If your not consistent to what he tells her not to even start. Sure enough after the last dip all is well. PS Rogan was getting treats while Emmitt was in the bath. It's no fun but stay consistent. Ralphie

Thanks. Brett first dip was last night. Again next Thursday. They said to go back in 2 weeks to check again. If that doesn't work guess they gonna try another treatment. It was a long process last night. I just feel bad they have to go through this

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
First time me going to a new vet. I thought Butchko I was gonna see but I was wrong

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I've never used Dr.Butchko's myself but he was our breeder's vet and is very well known. Are u looking for a new vet? there's Dr.Kraemer who handles all the SCBR bulldogs. I've heard great things about him.

I really thought I was gonna see him because people raved about him. Don't think he was even there. I don't know. I'll probably would stick to Brett's vet. Even if it's an hour drive. Little more but takes appointments

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tried googling Kraemer. Not sure if that's # yet since I've read on here he left and has his own office of something

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
I really thought I was gonna see him because people raved about him. Don't think he was even there. I don't know. I'll probably would stick to Brett's vet. Even if it's an hour drive. Little more but takes appointments

For goodness sakes. This old Tennessee Hillbilly thought LA would be bulldog doctor heaven. From the television you could even get bulldog face lifts out there. USCgirl you find yourself a good Vet, walk in there with you pups and explain to them how your system is going to work. You don't want an assistant, you don't want a trainer you want the Doctor. Nobody has too much business. Your the customer. Kick the door in if you have to. Get tough. Tell them you have a Tennessee buddy that carries a shotgun everywhere he goes and you wouldn't want to have to call him. Put it on them. Ralphie

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
For goodness sakes. This old Tennessee Hillbilly thought LA would be bulldog doctor heaven. From the television you could even get bulldog face lifts out there. USCgirl you find yourself a good Vet, walk in there with you pups and explain to them how your system is going to work. You don't want an assistant, you don't want a trainer you want the Doctor. Nobody has too much business. Your the customer. Kick the door in if you have to. Get tough. Tell them you have a Tennessee buddy that carries a shotgun everywhere he goes and you wouldn't want to have to call him. Put it on them. Ralphie

I just busted a gut… YOU go get em Ralphie!!! Lol :rofl:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.