Pissed...

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Literally Bear is hiking his leg and peeing on everything :angry:

I about got my limit when he decided to do it on my leg. He goes outside no problem and inside he is doing these little tinkles marking. He is not fixed and won't be. For those who have not fixed their male, how long do they do this?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I have always had girls so I can't help you out. However when I fostered a frenchie with no bladder control, I got one of those Male Belts at the pet store. It is a velcro clothe belt you can place around, he will still lift his leg and mark, but it will caught in the belt, like a diaper. I did get some cheap baby diapers at Walmart and line the belt with it, that way you only have to discard the diaper and not wash the entire belt.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
:LMAO: Sorry but the thought of him peeing on your leg is priceless! I am not much help since my boys are fixed but they did go thru that phase of marking everything too when they were younger. Hopefully he will just outgrow it. I know if the scent is left there they will try and re-mark the spot again I have heard so make sure you get that cleaner that gets rid of the smell.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Awww no, I'd be pissed too! Samson did that until I finally had him neutered at 1.5 years old. He rarely does it anymore. I hate to say it but that just happens in some un-neutered males. Hopefully it will go away or at least not happen so much but no matter what, if you want to keep him intact he's going to have the urge to mark his territory, it's just natural. Same with our chihuahua mix that we had when I was a kid, the marking happened alot before we neutered him and stopped completely after.

OP
mammyglicks

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] I shoulda got it on video but alas, it was unexpected :mad:

I figured its something i just have to deal with, he is still my snuggle bug. lol.

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Call me a jerk but I'da been "pissed" if
he had pee'd my leg. Not to much I can
find cute about that.

Hope the problem gets better soon. I know
its very frustrating. Jozi has about drove me
to my wits end with peeing too. Just not on
my leg. Thank goodness.

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
Chief does this once in a while, he is not fixed either and as you I dont plan on fixing him. He is really only bad when a towel is left on the floor by one of the kids.. Hang in there it will get better..

kiss1069

Dec 30, 2010
Amarillo,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Coda
[MENTION=676]mammyglicks[/MENTION] I personally have never done this and the males ive had never peed in my house but my brother in law swears by this...when you have a dog that pees inside the house or on you, then you must pee on him and he'll get it and stop doing it. Dont know whether it works since ive never done that but hell if it works then so be it...good luck

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Dude...He's definitely and Alpha Dog. You need to take control or............it will only get worst. The water bottle is a good start. Start spraying him with it when ever you catch him hiking his leg. I never had this problem with Duke. But then I'm an Alpha guy. He did have a barking problem when anyone came to the door. Soooooo, I kept water bottles in three rooms just so I had one on hand if he started his barking. Good Luck.

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
Most male dogs mark for their lifetime. So if you refuse to have him neutered you may as well get used to him marking. All unneutered and even some neutered male dogs mark. Even females will mark.

I FULLY agree with the others that you need to be the alpha of the house, and if you have a spouse he needs to teach Bear that he's above him, not below.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Maybe this varies from breed to breed. I have an un-neutered male Saint and he has NEVER marked in the house. When he's on a walk he has to stop at every bush, but never in our house. I think I'm glad my Bullies are girls! Good luck, I hope you get him to stop this!

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Oh, not good not good. Peeing on your leg not good to but sounds like he is trying to be the alpha in the house (and marking YOU) and you have to put your foot down now and show him who is boss. I guess you already know that he does not have a bladder problem? That does suck and I would be pissed to. Good luck and let us know what you try and how it works.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.