Harness help! - Julius K9 or Brilliant K9

Cassius

Apr 1, 2015
Houston, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cassius
Looking into buying my guy a harness and was told to try Julius K9 or Brilliant K9. Not sure of the difference between the two, but have you guys tried either? OR is there another option that you prefer for your bully?

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Im a huge fan of the Julius K-9! don't know anything about the other brand but this is working just great for us! K-9.jpg

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
What size did you get? How much does Chumley weigh again? I love these, but get scared to order online in fear that it won't fit him!

Chumley weighs 60 lbs..I don't remember the size I think it was size 2 but ill check when I get home...

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Chumley weighs 60 lbs..I don't remember the size I think it was size 2 but ill check when I get home...

Awesome thanks! Tyson is a big boy at 79lbs. So I wonder if I would need to go up a size. Grrr. online ordering stinks! But please let me know, so I have something to compare too :)

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I have a Julius K-9 for Winnie and really like it. However, when we went to her manners class the instructor recommended a Freedom harness. It has a ring on the front to hook the leash onto to discourage pulling. I like it too. Winnie wears a size 0 in the Julius and a medium in the Freedom one. She weighs 45 lbs.

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
We LOVE our Easy Walk harness! It is a front leading harness instead of a back leading and it is AMAZING at stopping big dogs from pulling on the leash!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have the Julius K-9 as well… we LOVE it!!!

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Julius K 9 is very nice. It does have that bulkiness feeling to it. Jessica, there is a size guide in the website. Harvey is 10 mos. old and approx 45 #'s so the size 1 fits him well. For Tyson, I would think the 2 or 3. Again the guide should guide you.

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Funny that this was brought up now, I was at Pet People last night and noticed they had a lot of the brilliant K9. the price and style of leash seemed comparable to the Julius K9s I've seen.

I got a 20% off coupon so I have been seriously considering taking frank in to try on the Brilliant K9s. might do it tonight.

OP
Cassius

Cassius

Apr 1, 2015
Houston, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cassius
Julius K 9 is very nice. It does have that bulkiness feeling to it. Jessica, there is a size guide in the website. Harvey is 10 mos. old and approx 45 #'s so the size 1 fits him well. For Tyson, I would think the 2 or 3. Again the guide should guide you.

My guy is 5 months and 30 lbs. would you recommend waiting until he's a little older and grows a bit more before purchasing one? @domman

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
My guy is 5 months and 30 lbs. would you recommend waiting until he's a little older and grows a bit more before purchasing one? @domman

Start with a step up harness. Amazon has the Rogz step up. It is lighter and you can get a medium one. I believe it is $17. Then in few months get a Julius K9. It is very stylish.
You can still use the step up anytime as a spare or when you are just at home.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

Yeah, I saw the guide - I used that measuring method for a custom collar I ordered - and it came in and what so big! Ugh. That's why I'm discouraged and prefer to base it more off an actual bully & their weight. Tyson has a large chest too... Are the straps semi-adjustable? The one he has now is not bulky, but it's not this thick, I think the thickness/wideness of it will be more comfortable for him.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington

I think you can definitely wait til he's a bit older b/c then you'll have to buy another harness to adjust for his size. I am very happy w/the Julius K9 harnesses myself; i got a size 2 for the boys who are 4yo, 70lb and 57 lbs.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.