ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
@Texas Carol @madie4589 @Manydogs @stacyhynum @Cali Doll @brutus77

Oh my goodnessā€¦ you guys are seriously TOO MUCH!!! I'm tearing up, and I've had a pretty rough Monday so far, so I THANK YOU all for thatā€¦ :*(

I haven't really shared a LOT about Bella and her puppies because of all that happened, and all that I lostā€¦ it's very hard for me to talk about it sometimes. BUT Winnie is my feel good storyā€¦ and I would honestly like to add that I didn't do anything that ANY one of you on this forum would have done in my position. But I DO appreciate all the kind wordsā€¦ you guys are my biggest cheerleaders and I SO appreciate ALL of you!!! :heartsign:

Here is some pics of my little Winnie NOW named Adele and living it up in NYC!!!

268195_10151293369418548_275640946_n.jpg 248685_10151310382723548_976097931_n.jpg 11009146_10153117838738548_5894601263289186552_n.jpg

I have to add that my family called her the ZOMBIE puppy because she came back from the deadā€¦ Lol

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter

Oh my goodnessā€¦ you guys are seriously TOO MUCH!!! I'm tearing up, and I've had a pretty rough Monday so far, so I THANK YOU all for thatā€¦ :*(

I haven't really shared a LOT about Bella and her puppies because of all that happened, and all that I lostā€¦ it's very hard for me to talk about it sometimes. BUT Winnie is my feel good storyā€¦ and I would honestly like to add that I didn't do anything that ANY one of you on this forum would have done in my position. But I DO appreciate all the kind wordsā€¦ you guys are my biggest cheerleaders and I SO appreciate ALL of you!!! :heartsign:

Here is some pics of my little Winnie NOW named Adele and living it up in NYC!!!

View attachment 85621 View attachment 85620 View attachment 85622

I have to add that my family called her the ZOMBIE puppy because she came back from the deadā€¦ Lol
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] - Winnie/Adele is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I agree with the others [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION]! As if we couldn't love you any more! That is truly an amazing story! You say any one of us would have done it. I could never...mainly because I don't wear a bra. Casper could have.. He had man boobs. Seriously...that was an awesome story!

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
I don't believe that this would cause ANY issuesā€¦ I have a story to tell that I don't believe I've EVER shared on here before.

When Bella had her puppies the 2 vets allowed me in the back to witness and help out w/the pups because it was 3am. So this one large baby was NOT doing wellā€¦ and I noticed that the vet had put a small towel over her. WELL of course I kept watching her and I told him that I saw her breathing. He gave her some meds and did more stimulationā€¦ but he made the comment that since Bella has such a LARGE litter that sometimes they lose some. I basically point blank asked him if there was ANYTHING I could do for herā€¦ I was beyond heartbroken that this baby wouldn't make it. He told me I could put her next to my skin to warm her up some, so I took Winnie (childbirth and all mind you :ohmy:ā€¦ Lol) and shoved her down my shirt into my bra. I couldn't really HOLD her because I was still helping the vet w/the other puppies. The LOOK on the vets face was priceless and of course I could feel slime going down my pants, but I could of cared lessā€¦ I wanted to do everything to help sweet Winnie make it and she DID!!! :w00t: Winnie is now named Adele and she lives in New York w/a wonderful familyā€¦ they share pics and keep in contact w/us all the time. Adele is gorgeous and has NEVER had any health issues. My heart holds a very special place for her because I know that I saved her life, and she is living it LARGE in NY!!!

That at is an awesome story!!! And thank you for sharing. Means a lot. Also thank you to everyone else as well!! This community is great and I am glad to be a part of it. :) I'll pick out my pup tonight after Chris sends me more pictures. It's tough picking from pictures because I can't drive 10 hours total just to go pick one out.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
"ā€¦ and I would honestly like to add that I didn't do anything that ANY one of you on this forum would have done in my position."

Sending loving hugs {{{Tracey}}} and yeah, we might would've done the same
however, none of us (or anyone else, anywhere) will ever be like you.

You are simply...AWESOME!

Winnie/Adele is a beautiful girl and I love that she's perfectly healthy and living
large in NYC.

My heart needed to know this story, thank you for sharing it :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

View attachment 85621 View attachment 85620 View attachment 85622

she is GORGEOUS!! :heart:

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
The other pup I have been thinking of getting is a dark brindle one. She really small. However, Chris did tell me he had to revive her because when she was born she would barely eat or move. Would this cause any issues in the future? Do you think that there is a possibility that there is health issues with that?

If you cannot decide get two. I wanted the runt. The smallest two had to be bottle fed. It was between two but ended up getting two. The smallest two. So far so good. Ralphie

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
The other pup I have been thinking of getting is a dark brindle one. She really small. However, Chris did tell me he had to revive her because when she was born she would barely eat or move. Would this cause any issues in the future? Do you think that there is a possibility that there is health issues with that?

After we picked out Lola we went to visit her several times while we waited till she was old enough to bring her home. She came from a litter of 11 and the runt of the litter wasn't doing very well. On one of the visits when the pups were big enough to go and play in a pen outside and run and play with eachother I noticed the runt was so small and weak she could barely stand up and of course no one wanted her. We ended up picking Floyd shortly after bringing Lola home so back again we went for visitation and she was still there. As soon as all of the other pups left to their forever homes she started to thrive. By the time we had our last trip there to bring Floyd home she was doing fantastic and was actually quite a bit bigger than Lola. She also was being picked up the next day to go to her forever home.
We had actually been torn about getting her instead but we really hadn't wanted two females.

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree with the others @ddnene! As if we couldn't love you any more! That is truly an amazing story! You say any one of us would have done it. I could never...mainly because I don't wear a bra. Casper could have.. He had man boobs. Seriously...that was an awesome story!

I would LOVE to see a pic of thatā€¦ :rofl:

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That at is an awesome story!!! And thank you for sharing. Means a lot. Also thank you to everyone else as well!! This community is great and I am glad to be a part of it. :) I'll pick out my pup tonight after Chris sends me more pictures. It's tough picking from pictures because I can't drive 10 hours total just to go pick one out.

I'm sorry April, I didn't meant to hijack your threadā€¦ Lol :hijacked: I just wanted you to know that Winnie was DOA, and she revived and is doing fabulous!!! I seriously do NOT think you will have any issues w/that babyā€¦ Good Luck!!!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
GOD BLESS YOU TRACEY, YOU ARE TRULY A WONDERFUL LADY WITH SO MUCH CARING AND LOVE, SUCH A BIG HEART. WINNIE WAS BEAUTIFUL AS A PUPPY, AND NOW NAMED ADELE IS BEAUTIFUL AS AN ADULT. YOU ARE AMAZING TRACEY YOU TOUCHED MY HEART EVEN MORE WHEN I READ ABOUT YOU SAVING THIS PRECIOUS WINNIES LIFE. I HAD TEARS IN MY EYES OVER THIS. LOVE TO YOU TRACEY ALWAYS AND ALWAYS.

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
You certainly did not hijack the thread, I appreciate the story. It helped me make a decision. I actually had to choose a puppy on sunday and I chose this thicker, heavier puppy. However, ever since I made my decision I can't help but think of the smaller one. I know I have been bugging the breeder up the ying yang for pictures and which one I want, but it's truely hard to tell through pictures. I texted him this morning and said if nobody has claimed the small one with the spot on her ear, I will take her. So I am waiting to hear back from him. Not going to get my hopes up at this point incase somebody chose her. But either way they are both gorgeous puppies and I will be happy with either :yes:

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You certainly did not hijack the thread, I appreciate the story. It helped me make a decision. I actually had to choose a puppy on sunday and I chose this thicker, heavier puppy. However, ever since I made my decision I can't help but think of the smaller one. I know I have been bugging the breeder up the ying yang for pictures and which one I want, but it's truely hard to tell through pictures. I texted him this morning and said if nobody has claimed the small one with the spot on her ear, I will take her. So I am waiting to hear back from him. Not going to get my hopes up at this point incase somebody chose her. But either way they are both gorgeous puppies and I will be happy with either :yes:

Well I'm glad that it helpedā€¦ you know our Bella was the runt of the litter, and the breeder made the shitty comment that he LOVED her red brindle coloring BUT she was too tiny to have pups. Little did he know she had 8 pups later in lifeā€¦ I would just make sure to take whichever pup you get to a GOOD bully vet and have an initial checkup done. Good luck w/your decision...

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Well I'm glad that it helpedā€¦ you know our Bella was the runt of the litter, and the breeder made the shitty comment that he LOVED her red brindle coloring BUT she was too tiny to have pups. Little did he know she had 8 pups later in lifeā€¦ I would just make sure to take whichever pup you get to a GOOD bully vet and have an initial checkup done. Good luck w/your decision...

Yeah whats crazy is this small one isn't the runt. There is a blue one that is the runt and Chris said she is freaky small. He has never seen a bulldog puppy that small. She is literally the size of his hand, if not a little smaller and they turn 4 weeks on thurs. And yes, I will bring them to whichever one to the vet for a checkup where I take Jovi :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.