xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
So we all know that Jovi's mom had a litter of 11, and my fiance had finally said yes to getting one. So the next step was to examine all the puppies and choose my absolute favorites. Now, I don't get first, second or third choice and the owner of the SIR get's to choose two, then Chris get's to choose one. But then it would be my choice. I picked out two of my absolute favorite, but really had my heart set on the black and white one. Got a text from Chris that the SIR's owner chose her as one of his picks, and then another from the litter. So then I got all excited about my second pick - after getting over that. NOW got another text that he wants the black and white one, and my second pick which is a golden brindle one. :cry: Just the way to end such a bad day. I got into a car accident today on my way back to work when two 18 year old's drove through a red light and t-boned me and my co-worker/friend. We are all okay but the car is totaled. :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a crap day is right! So sorry about the car accident and glad you are OK.... sucks about the picks, but as long as the baby you receive is healthy i am sure you will be over joyed

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
What a crap day is right! So sorry about the car accident and glad you are OK.... sucks about the picks, but as long as the baby you receive is healthy i am sure you will be over joyed

Thank you! Means a lot. And yeah i know I will love her just the same! Just a bummer when you have your heart set on a puppy and then can't get them.

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
The other pup I have been thinking of getting is a dark brindle one. She really small. However, Chris did tell me he had to revive her because when she was born she would barely eat or move. Would this cause any issues in the future? Do you think that there is a possibility that there is health issues with that?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So glad you were not hurt in the wreck!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh April, that is disappointing!

And how scary to be in an accident like that!

I give thanks y'all are not seriously hurt. Cars
& things can be replaced...

If the rest of the pups are not to your liking,
maybe wait until next litter? Take your time
and decide what you really want to do :)

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
The pup that is small, maybe she was meant for you, I do believe that things happen for a reason. The choices of the pups that you wanted were taken, so that leaves the Little Girl, God knows that You are special, and you would really Love and Care for this Little Girl. This is my opinion, this is how I feel when certain things do happen. Love To You on Choosing Your Pup.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
The other pup I have been thinking of getting is a dark brindle one. She really small. However, Chris did tell me he had to revive her because when she was born she would barely eat or move. Would this cause any issues in the future? Do you think that there is a possibility that there is health issues with that?

I don't believe that this would cause ANY issues… I have a story to tell that I don't believe I've EVER shared on here before.

When Bella had her puppies the 2 vets allowed me in the back to witness and help out w/the pups because it was 3am. So this one large baby was NOT doing well… and I noticed that the vet had put a small towel over her. WELL of course I kept watching her and I told him that I saw her breathing. He gave her some meds and did more stimulation… but he made the comment that since Bella has such a LARGE litter that sometimes they lose some. I basically point blank asked him if there was ANYTHING I could do for her… I was beyond heartbroken that this baby wouldn't make it. He told me I could put her next to my skin to warm her up some, so I took Winnie (childbirth and all mind you :ohmy:… Lol) and shoved her down my shirt into my bra. I couldn't really HOLD her because I was still helping the vet w/the other puppies. The LOOK on the vets face was priceless and of course I could feel slime going down my pants, but I could of cared less… I wanted to do everything to help sweet Winnie make it and she DID!!! :w00t: Winnie is now named Adele and she lives in New York w/a wonderful family… they share pics and keep in contact w/us all the time. Adele is gorgeous and has NEVER had any health issues. My heart holds a very special place for her because I know that I saved her life, and she is living it LARGE in NY!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Tracey...as if I could love you any more, my dear friend.

YOU Rock!

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I don't believe that this would cause ANY issues… I have a story to tell that I don't believe I've EVER shared on here before.

When Bella had her puppies the 2 vets allowed me in the back to witness and help out w/the pups because it was 3am. So this one large baby was NOT doing well… and I noticed that the vet had put a small towel over her. WELL of course I kept watching her and I told him that I saw her breathing. He gave her some meds and did more stimulation… but he made the comment that since Bella has such a LARGE litter that sometimes they lose some. I basically point blank asked him if there was ANYTHING I could do for her… I was beyond heartbroken that this baby wouldn't make it. He told me I could put her next to my skin to warm her up some, so I took Winnie (childbirth and all mind you :ohmy:… Lol) and shoved her down my shirt into my bra. I couldn't really HOLD her because I was still helping the vet w/the other puppies. The LOOK on the vets face was priceless and of course I could feel slime going down my pants, but I could of cared less… I wanted to do everything to help sweet Winnie make it and she DID!!! :w00t: Winnie is now named Adele and she lives in New York w/a wonderful family… they share pics and keep in contact w/us all the time. Adele is gorgeous and has NEVER had any health issues. My heart holds a very special place for her because I know that I saved her life, and she is living it LARGE in NY!!!

I really loved this story! thank you for sharing.

please keep updating us with pics when you get more, and make your final decision! [MENTION=10890]xxaprilrose[/MENTION]

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
how sweet is this story!! i always read stuff at work and im such a titty baby, then my co workers turn to softies lol, tracey you are an amazing person!!! :D

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella

This is amazing. Thank you for sharing.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack

OMG, I am so emotional right now and this story just sent me flying over the edge! What a touching story.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.