Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 30

Thread: That moment of disspointment

  1. #13
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bella100's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stacy
    Country
    US
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    2,070
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
    Likes (Received)
    624

    Default Re: That moment of disspointment

    how sweet is this story!! i always read stuff at work and im such a titty baby, then my co workers turn to softies lol, tracey you are an amazing person!!!
    Its so hard being the queen!!!

  2. Likes ddnene, 2BullyMama liked this post
  3. #14
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,844
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)
    1147

    Default Re: That moment of disspointment

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I don't believe that this would cause ANY issues… I have a story to tell that I don't believe I've EVER shared on here before.

    When Bella had her puppies the 2 vets allowed me in the back to witness and help out w/the pups because it was 3am. So this one large baby was NOT doing well… and I noticed that the vet had put a small towel over her. WELL of course I kept watching her and I told him that I saw her breathing. He gave her some meds and did more stimulation… but he made the comment that since Bella has such a LARGE litter that sometimes they lose some. I basically point blank asked him if there was ANYTHING I could do for her… I was beyond heartbroken that this baby wouldn't make it. He told me I could put her next to my skin to warm her up some, so I took Winnie (childbirth and all mind you … Lol) and shoved her down my shirt into my bra. I couldn't really HOLD her because I was still helping the vet w/the other puppies. The LOOK on the vets face was priceless and of course I could feel slime going down my pants, but I could of cared less… I wanted to do everything to help sweet Winnie make it and she DID!!! Winnie is now named Adele and she lives in New York w/a wonderful family… they share pics and keep in contact w/us all the time. Adele is gorgeous and has NEVER had any health issues. My heart holds a very special place for her because I know that I saved her life, and she is living it LARGE in NY!!!

    This is amazing. Thank you for sharing.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}



    IG: @bellatheenglishbully

  4. Likes ddnene liked this post
  5. #15
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    brutus77's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    6,962
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)
    2795

    Default Re: That moment of disspointment

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I don't believe that this would cause ANY issues… I have a story to tell that I don't believe I've EVER shared on here before.

    When Bella had her puppies the 2 vets allowed me in the back to witness and help out w/the pups because it was 3am. So this one large baby was NOT doing well… and I noticed that the vet had put a small towel over her. WELL of course I kept watching her and I told him that I saw her breathing. He gave her some meds and did more stimulation… but he made the comment that since Bella has such a LARGE litter that sometimes they lose some. I basically point blank asked him if there was ANYTHING I could do for her… I was beyond heartbroken that this baby wouldn't make it. He told me I could put her next to my skin to warm her up some, so I took Winnie (childbirth and all mind you … Lol) and shoved her down my shirt into my bra. I couldn't really HOLD her because I was still helping the vet w/the other puppies. The LOOK on the vets face was priceless and of course I could feel slime going down my pants, but I could of cared less… I wanted to do everything to help sweet Winnie make it and she DID!!! Winnie is now named Adele and she lives in New York w/a wonderful family… they share pics and keep in contact w/us all the time. Adele is gorgeous and has NEVER had any health issues. My heart holds a very special place for her because I know that I saved her life, and she is living it LARGE in NY!!!
    OMG, I am so emotional right now and this story just sent me flying over the edge! What a touching story.
    My smooshy face boy!

  6. Likes ddnene, 2BullyMama liked this post
  7. #16
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,732
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5592

    Default Re: That moment of disspointment

    @Texas Carol @madie4589 @Manydogs @stacyhynum @Cali Doll @brutus77


    Oh my goodness… you guys are seriously TOO MUCH!!! I'm tearing up, and I've had a pretty rough Monday so far, so I THANK YOU all for that…

    I haven't really shared a LOT about Bella and her puppies because of all that happened, and all that I lost… it's very hard for me to talk about it sometimes. BUT Winnie is my feel good story… and I would honestly like to add that I didn't do anything that ANY one of you on this forum would have done in my position. But I DO appreciate all the kind words… you guys are my biggest cheerleaders and I SO appreciate ALL of you!!!

    Here is some pics of my little Winnie NOW named Adele and living it up in NYC!!!

    -268195_10151293369418548_275640946_n-jpg -248685_10151310382723548_976097931_n-jpg -11009146_10153117838738548_5894601263289186552_n-jpg

    I have to add that my family called her the ZOMBIE puppy because she came back from the dead… Lol

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  8. Likes Texas Carol, Manydogs liked this post
  9. #17
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bella100's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stacy
    Country
    US
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    2,070
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
    Likes (Received)
    624

    Default Re: That moment of disspointment

    @ddnene SO sweet!!!! shes adorable!!
    Its so hard being the queen!!!

  10. Likes ddnene liked this post
  11. #18
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    harveyspecter's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Yorba Linda (The OC), California
    Posts
    4,893
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    3557

    Default Re: That moment of disspointment

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    @Texas Carol @madie4589 @Manydogs @stacyhynum @Cali Doll @brutus77


    Oh my goodness… you guys are seriously TOO MUCH!!! I'm tearing up, and I've had a pretty rough Monday so far, so I THANK YOU all for that…

    I haven't really shared a LOT about Bella and her puppies because of all that happened, and all that I lost… it's very hard for me to talk about it sometimes. BUT Winnie is my feel good story… and I would honestly like to add that I didn't do anything that ANY one of you on this forum would have done in my position. But I DO appreciate all the kind words… you guys are my biggest cheerleaders and I SO appreciate ALL of you!!!

    Here is some pics of my little Winnie NOW named Adele and living it up in NYC!!!

    -268195_10151293369418548_275640946_n-jpg -248685_10151310382723548_976097931_n-jpg -11009146_10153117838738548_5894601263289186552_n-jpg

    I have to add that my family called her the ZOMBIE puppy because she came back from the dead… Lol
    @ddnene - Winnie/Adele is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
    Hug your bully today

  12. Likes ddnene liked this post
  13. #19
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Chumley's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Patchogue, NY
    Posts
    4,762
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)
    1211

    Default Re: That moment of disspointment

    I agree with the others @ddnene! As if we couldn't love you any more! That is truly an amazing story! You say any one of us would have done it. I could never...mainly because I don't wear a bra. Casper could have.. He had man boobs. Seriously...that was an awesome story!

  14. #20
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    xxaprilrose's Avatar
    Real Name
    April
    Country
    United States
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    905
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jovi
    Likes (Received)
    52

    Default Re: That moment of disspointment

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I don't believe that this would cause ANY issues… I have a story to tell that I don't believe I've EVER shared on here before.

    When Bella had her puppies the 2 vets allowed me in the back to witness and help out w/the pups because it was 3am. So this one large baby was NOT doing well… and I noticed that the vet had put a small towel over her. WELL of course I kept watching her and I told him that I saw her breathing. He gave her some meds and did more stimulation… but he made the comment that since Bella has such a LARGE litter that sometimes they lose some. I basically point blank asked him if there was ANYTHING I could do for her… I was beyond heartbroken that this baby wouldn't make it. He told me I could put her next to my skin to warm her up some, so I took Winnie (childbirth and all mind you … Lol) and shoved her down my shirt into my bra. I couldn't really HOLD her because I was still helping the vet w/the other puppies. The LOOK on the vets face was priceless and of course I could feel slime going down my pants, but I could of cared less… I wanted to do everything to help sweet Winnie make it and she DID!!! Winnie is now named Adele and she lives in New York w/a wonderful family… they share pics and keep in contact w/us all the time. Adele is gorgeous and has NEVER had any health issues. My heart holds a very special place for her because I know that I saved her life, and she is living it LARGE in NY!!!

    That at is an awesome story!!! And thank you for sharing. Means a lot. Also thank you to everyone else as well!! This community is great and I am glad to be a part of it. I'll pick out my pup tonight after Chris sends me more pictures. It's tough picking from pictures because I can't drive 10 hours total just to go pick one out.


  15. Likes ddnene liked this post
  16. #21
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,203
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)
    2743

    Default Re: That moment of disspointment

    "… and I would honestly like to add that I didn't do anything that ANY one of you on this forum would have done in my position."


    Sending loving hugs {{{Tracey}}} and yeah, we might would've done the same
    however, none of us (or anyone else, anywhere) will ever be like you.

    You are simply...AWESOME!

    Winnie/Adele is a beautiful girl and I love that she's perfectly healthy and living
    large in NYC.

    My heart needed to know this story, thank you for sharing it


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

  17. Likes ddnene liked this post
  18. #22
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,190
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11527

    Default Re: That moment of disspointment

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    @Texas Carol @madie4589 @Manydogs @stacyhynum @Cali Doll @brutus77


    Oh my goodness… you guys are seriously TOO MUCH!!! I'm tearing up, and I've had a pretty rough Monday so far, so I THANK YOU all for that…

    I haven't really shared a LOT about Bella and her puppies because of all that happened, and all that I lost… it's very hard for me to talk about it sometimes. BUT Winnie is my feel good story… and I would honestly like to add that I didn't do anything that ANY one of you on this forum would have done in my position. But I DO appreciate all the kind words… you guys are my biggest cheerleaders and I SO appreciate ALL of you!!!

    Here is some pics of my little Winnie NOW named Adele and living it up in NYC!!!

    -268195_10151293369418548_275640946_n-jpg -248685_10151310382723548_976097931_n-jpg -11009146_10153117838738548_5894601263289186552_n-jpg

    I have to add that my family called her the ZOMBIE puppy because she came back from the dead… Lol

    she is GORGEOUS!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  19. Likes ddnene liked this post
  20. #23
    Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    559
    Bulldog(s) Names
    X
    Likes (Received)
    186

    Default Re: That moment of disspointment

    Quote Originally Posted by xxaprilrose View Post
    The other pup I have been thinking of getting is a dark brindle one. She really small. However, Chris did tell me he had to revive her because when she was born she would barely eat or move. Would this cause any issues in the future? Do you think that there is a possibility that there is health issues with that?
    If you cannot decide get two. I wanted the runt. The smallest two had to be bottle fed. It was between two but ended up getting two. The smallest two. So far so good. Ralphie

  21. #24
    Pet Sitter Miss Lola's Avatar
    Real Name
    Leslie
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Maple Ridge
    Posts
    335
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola, Floyd
    Likes (Received)
    79

    Default Re: That moment of disspointment

    Quote Originally Posted by xxaprilrose View Post
    The other pup I have been thinking of getting is a dark brindle one. She really small. However, Chris did tell me he had to revive her because when she was born she would barely eat or move. Would this cause any issues in the future? Do you think that there is a possibility that there is health issues with that?
    After we picked out Lola we went to visit her several times while we waited till she was old enough to bring her home. She came from a litter of 11 and the runt of the litter wasn't doing very well. On one of the visits when the pups were big enough to go and play in a pen outside and run and play with eachother I noticed the runt was so small and weak she could barely stand up and of course no one wanted her. We ended up picking Floyd shortly after bringing Lola home so back again we went for visitation and she was still there. As soon as all of the other pups left to their forever homes she started to thrive. By the time we had our last trip there to bring Floyd home she was doing fantastic and was actually quite a bit bigger than Lola. She also was being picked up the next day to go to her forever home.
    We had actually been torn about getting her instead but we really hadn't wanted two females.

  22. Likes ddnene liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •