Help...Niko STINKS!

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Definitely the food allergies. This causes yeast infrctions in the ears and wrinkles. You need a grain free dog food. Duke is on Nature's Choice grain free.
He was on Eukabana grain free but I can't find that in any of the stores any more. You also need an anti-yeast shampoo. Have a great day.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
As you see, there are lots of people here who can help with whatever questions you have. I haven't had these problems with my girls, but then I found this site right after I brought my first Bully puppy home. Take the advise being given, and you'll soon be over all these problems. Good luck!

OP
Danielle J

Danielle J

Jan 8, 2011
Jacksonville, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Presley
Well I have done with you guys have said. I switched his food and am trying Taste of the Wild Salmon. Second I took him to the vet. He had gone to the groomers two days before that and didnt stink as bad which was probably dumb on my part since she said she couldnt smell him. Maybe I should have invited her over to the house haha...and then I had some other tech come in and try to educate me and tell me all bulldogs smell, that he was a dog with wrinkles...wow hey everyone did you know bulldogs are dogs with wrinkles!!! UGH!!!!:angry:....anyways...I pressed the issue and she gave me antifungal shampoo and medicated wipes. I have been wiping him everyday. How long should I give the dog food a chance to make a change in him? I asked if I could give him Benadryl (works for allergies?) and she said "sure", but I dont know. He is farting a lot and still stinks. I am having to have my carpet cleaned this week because the smell is just going right into the carpet in my living room (thats the only part of my house that doesnt have hardwood floors and it smells rancid!). Im not giving up hope...even if it means walking around my house with a clothespin and spraying perfume on me the minute I leave the house so I dont reak of him :luv: Okay so after all that my question is how long should I try the food he is on before I see a difference? Taste of the Wild Salmon is a five star rated food so I am assuming its good...but if it doesnt work...which one next?

Wigglesworth

Feb 14, 2011
Putnam County, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Woody
Did you check the food review thread? Tremendous resource.

As for the breath, do you brush? I combated the same problem with a good quality toothpaste (CET). I brushed the gums, roof of mouth....everywhere. Also, chewing on something benign and salivating is very good.

BabeEnglishBulldog

Feb 17, 2011
Toothbrush and chewable toy meats which removes the bad breathe of the dogs are great eliminators of odors. Spray your house with vinegar to remove the bad odors.

Last edited:

BabeEnglishBulldog

Feb 17, 2011
Sorry, but why do I get the word "toy" linked to carolinapantry website? I did not link it there. Is this automatic in this forum?

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.