Thread: Potty Training Achilles :?

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruno
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Potty Training Achilles :?

Quote Originally Posted by osiris20025 View Post
    Thanks guys! I will set my alarm and take him out couple hours after we go sleep. Also gonna pick up his waters couple hours before bed
    How is the potty training going?

Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by osiris20025 View Post
    Thanks guys! I will set my alarm and take him out couple hours after we go sleep. Also gonna pick up his waters couple hours before bed
    You shouldn't take away water from any dog, but especially a puppy that young. When they're thirsty they need to drink. It's just like people -- if we need water an hour before bed because we're quite thirsty, then we drink. If it means an extra potty break, so be it, but please leave his water down.

Bulldog Vet in Training 2bulldogsstuff's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Logan and Brett
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by g8erjackie View Post
    You shouldn't take away water from any dog, but especially a puppy that young. When they're thirsty they need to drink. It's just like people -- if we need water an hour before bed because we're quite thirsty, then we drink. If it means an extra potty break, so be it, but please leave his water down.
    I never take Brett & Logan's water either. Brett can hold his pee way better than Logan. Logan still has accidents since he's only about 13 weeks old. I don't mind pee accidents though especially with this weather getting warm.

Real Name
    Olivia
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Belle
    Likes (Received)

Another tip I will add is to make sure that his crate isn't too big. They should have enough room to lay down and turn around comfortably but not so large that they can get away from their accidents. Belle was 10 months when we got her but she was still having accidents because her crate had too much room. We put a divider in and the accidents stopped. Take your pup out every few hours and hopefully he will catch on soon
    "The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.
    ― Charles de Gaulle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads