Shedding..

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Goodness. Excessive shedding nowadays. Don't quite recall when we first got him shedding so much hair. I also changed his food to TOTW high prairie. Wonder if it's because of that.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
It's that time of year for shedding. :cool:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Blowing the winter coats.... brush him outside like once a day or every other day

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yep, as everyone has said, it's that time of year were they blow their winter coat. We use the Zoom Groom, it works great and they like it better than the Furminator.

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
I brush Kevin every day and have programmed the Rumba to follow him around the house (ha! i wish!). Yet by the time i leave the house in the morning im wearing a Kevin coat.

I need to get another furminator.. He ate the last one we had :rolleyes:

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Mickey was a big shedder - his hair was longer than Punk's. Punk's is so short that you can't tell if she is shedding or not.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
It's definitely the time of year for them to start changing coats. I have to sweep every day so I don't go crazy. I swept up enough hair yesterday from the whole house to cover a small chihuahah.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I agree with everyone's comments, I think we all go through the same issues with the shedding and fur covered floors.

I find the short haired dogs usually shed the most, we had a Jack Russell who had the same type of hair as my Bullies, and she shed the same way. They will shed more at certain times of the year, especially after the winter, but they can also shed due to allergies or skin problems, and some food intolerances or allergies. some bullies are allergic or sensitive to chicken or salmon, and grains or added fillers in the kibble. There are many products you can use to help minimize the amount they shed such as the Furminator, I didn't like the Furminator myself and my guys were afraid of it, but I love the Zoom Groom hair brush, there are lots of great shampoos as well that reduce shedding and you can add some natural supplements to their kibble to help with their skin and coat condition. I add 1 Tbsp of Coconut Oil or Olive Oil to their evening kibble. I alternate them for the Omega Fatty Acids, you can also use Salmon Oil or Cod Liver Oil, I also add 2 Tbsp's of plain unsweetened yogurt to their morning kibble for the Probiotics, it helps with digestion and boosts the immune system which helps with allergy symptoms. I add 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar to their drinking water everyday. There are a lot of health benefits to acv, it is a natural anti inflammatory, and a natural anti bacterial and anti fungal. These things are natural and healthy supplements that help with hair, coat, skin, bones, joints and brain from the inside.

To control the amount of fur and hair in the house, my routine is to sweep, Swiffer and vacuum the floors on Wednesdays, and I sweep, Swiffer and damp mop the floors on Sundays. The dogs usually get a bath once every 2 weeks on a Sunday, and we brush them with the Zoom Groom brush after their bath, and once a week In between, they love being brushed. I also rinse my guys after I shampoo them with equal parts of warm water and white vinegar. It helps to condition their skin and hair, and I find that it's keeps them smelling nicer in between their baths.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.