Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Shedding..

@TheLost Kevin terminated the Furminator!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

It's definitely the time of year for them to start changing coats. I have to sweep every day so I don't go crazy. I swept up enough hair yesterday from the whole house to cover a small chihuahah.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi, I agree with everyone's comments, I think we all go through the same issues with the shedding and fur covered floors.

I find the short haired dogs usually shed the most, we had a Jack Russell who had the same type of hair as my Bullies, and she shed the same way. They will shed more at certain times of the year, especially after the winter, but they can also shed due to allergies or skin problems, and some food intolerances or allergies. some bullies are allergic or sensitive to chicken or salmon, and grains or added fillers in the kibble. There are many products you can use to help minimize the amount they shed such as the Furminator, I didn't like the Furminator myself and my guys were afraid of it, but I love the Zoom Groom hair brush, there are lots of great shampoos as well that reduce shedding and you can add some natural supplements to their kibble to help with their skin and coat condition. I add 1 Tbsp of Coconut Oil or Olive Oil to their evening kibble. I alternate them for the Omega Fatty Acids, you can also use Salmon Oil or Cod Liver Oil, I also add 2 Tbsp's of plain unsweetened yogurt to their morning kibble for the Probiotics, it helps with digestion and boosts the immune system which helps with allergy symptoms. I add 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar to their drinking water everyday. There are a lot of health benefits to acv, it is a natural anti inflammatory, and a natural anti bacterial and anti fungal. These things are natural and healthy supplements that help with hair, coat, skin, bones, joints and brain from the inside.

To control the amount of fur and hair in the house, my routine is to sweep, Swiffer and vacuum the floors on Wednesdays, and I sweep, Swiffer and damp mop the floors on Sundays. The dogs usually get a bath once every 2 weeks on a Sunday, and we brush them with the Zoom Groom brush after their bath, and once a week In between, they love being brushed. I also rinse my guys after I shampoo them with equal parts of warm water and white vinegar. It helps to condition their skin and hair, and I find that it's keeps them smelling nicer in between their baths.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads