Truth.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So TOTALLY true!!

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
@ng8erjackie...so true...I actually haven't gone on vacation since getting Chubby... Can you please give me a list if you don't mind of places you have been that have accepted you bringing your bull doggy...just in case I decide to try to take an actual vacation...thanks in advance [emoji4]

People ready posted some great suggestions that I'm totally going to look i to myself!

I was also going to suggest the Florida Keys and St Augustine, Florida. Both are very dog friendly cities and beaches. For big city travel I like any of the Kimpton hotels. They're super nice, clean, great locations and they are all dog friendly.

I haven't taken an international vacation since getting Ruckus and I'm looking for someone I trust to watch him, but it's a work in progress. So we like to take roadtrips to the mountains or the beach. I look on different sites like Airbnb, homeaway.com (better for beach rentals) and vrbo.com (better for cabins) and look for dog friendly rentals. I generally email the owner and make sure a bulldog is ok. I also like to ask around if friends of friends are renting their timeshare or vacation house. People are more likely not to charge you a deposit of they know you and trust that your dog isn't destructive.

I'd like to take Ruckus camping, but first is have to convince my boyfriend to sleep outside! Haha. He isn't the outdoorsy type but has branched out for me.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
People ready posted some great suggestions that I'm totally going to look i to myself!

I was also going to suggest the Florida Keys and St Augustine, Florida. Both are very dog friendly cities and beaches. For big city travel I like any of the Kimpton hotels. They're super nice, clean, great locations and they are all dog friendly.

I haven't taken an international vacation since getting Ruckus and I'm looking for someone I trust to watch him, but it's a work in progress. So we like to take roadtrips to the mountains or the beach. I look on different sites like Airbnb, homeaway.com (better for beach rentals) and vrbo.com (better for cabins) and look for dog friendly rentals. I generally email the owner and make sure a bulldog is ok. I also like to ask around if friends of friends are renting their timeshare or vacation house. People are more likely not to charge you a deposit of they know you and trust that your dog isn't destructive.

I'd like to take Ruckus camping, but first is have to convince my boyfriend to sleep outside! Haha. He isn't the outdoorsy type but has branched out for me.

It's funny you mention St. Augustine. We rented a beach house there on our way back. Well actually, it was north of St. Augustine- Ponte Vedra Beach. Had an amazing time, but were only there for 3 days. Next year we may just drive down to Delray, spend a few days with my parents and drive back up. It was cooler than the keys by about 10-12 degrees. That's a huge difference for our bullies.

We rarely saw anyone on the beach. It was just perfect.
Here's some pics..

View attachment 85510 View attachment 85511View attachment 85512

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
It's funny you mention St. Augustine. We rented a beach house there on our way back. Well actually, it was north of St. Augustine- Ponte Vedra Beach. Had an amazing time, but were only there for 3 days. Next year we may just drive down to Delray, spend a few days with my parents and drive back up. It was cooler than the keys by about 10-12 degrees. That's a huge difference for our bullies.

We rarely saw anyone on the beach. It was just perfect.
Here's some pics..

Such great pictures! I love St. Augustine. I actually grew up just south of there and my dad currently lives just inland of the St. Augustine beaches so we take Ruckus to walk on the beach whenever we're there.

All of the St Augustine beaches are dog friendly at all times as long as the dogs add leashed. They're lax about the leashes if it's off season and no one is around. There are doggy waste bags at almost all of the free parking lots -- freeee beach parking! Living in DC I'm like free??? Nothing is free! Exile silly not parking.

St. Augustine is also super dog friendly in terms of restaurants, most will allow your pups on their patio and fawn over them. 2 of my favorite dog friendly establishments are about 20-30 minutes South of St Augustine in Flagler Beach. Snack Jacks is right on the beach and allows dogs outside -- it's a little divey but delicious. Also, Flagler Fish Company had the best fish dip. Flagler beaches aren't as dog friendly, only during certain moths and certain hours.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427474592.067455.jpg

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ugh, i have a friend coming to watch mine from thurs - sunday and i'm having a fit already. this is the first time she's watched them and i know they are going to take advantage of her LOL. i'm so nervous.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Such great pictures! I love St. Augustine. I actually grew up just south of there and my dad currently lives just inland of the St. Augustine beaches so we take Ruckus to walk on the beach whenever we're there.

All of the St Augustine beaches are dog friendly at all times as long as the dogs add leashed. They're lax about the leashes if it's off season and no one is around. There are doggy waste bags at almost all of the free parking lots -- freeee beach parking! Living in DC I'm like free??? Nothing is free! Exile silly not parking.

St. Augustine is also super dog friendly in terms of restaurants, most will allow your pups on their patio and fawn over them. 2 of my favorite dog friendly establishments are about 20-30 minutes South of St Augustine in Flagler Beach. Snack Jacks is right on the beach and allows dogs outside -- it's a little divey but delicious. Also, Flagler Fish Company had the best fish dip. Flagler beaches aren't as dog friendly, only during certain moths and certain hours.

View attachment 85513

What a great place to grow up, lucky.

We drive through Flagler Beach, each time we go to Florida (we like taking A1A.)
I love the area, so laid back. We've taken Blue to the beach there as well. No one seemed to mind.
We were considering a property in Flagler Beach, but the reality is, we wouldn't get much use out of it.
Maybe when we retire..

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.