Truth.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
The next time someone asks, "Why can't you just board him?" when I say I like to take my bulldog with me on vacation.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427392524.169655.jpg

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I was talking with Chris about this yesterday... trust no one..

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
That would also include a vet list for meā€¦ Lol

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Hahaha seriously! I only board Til if I leave the country, and the place we go is wonderful. They know I'm a crazy person and I text them 20 times a day for pictures and updates. But hey, not only did I warn them, I tip well!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I only recently boarded mine for 4 nights while i was on vacation...first time I've done that in 4years! Definitely nerve wracking those days leading up to leaving them; i typed out every single instruction with all their quirks and idiosyncracies. But yes, if i could, I'd take them everywhere with me vs. boarding them.

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
@ng8erjackie...so true...I actually haven't gone on vacation since getting Chubby... Can you please give me a list if you don't mind of places you have been that have accepted you bringing your bull doggy...just in case I decide to try to take an actual vacation...thanks in advance [emoji4]

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
[MENTION=7373]g8erjackie[/MENTION] [emoji121] [emoji121] [emoji121] [emoji121] [emoji121]

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=11185]Chubby[/MENTION]

I don't know where you are, but we drive down to the Florida every year (visit my parents) and go the keys, Islamorada. There's an amazing place there that accepts dogs. They have little cottages, and a dog friendly beach. Blue adores it.
I found out about the place here. It's called White Gate Court.. link: Welcome to White Gate Court Resort, the ultimate getaway where pets are welcome, in Islamorada, Florida Keys

Another place in Upstate NY is Glen Highland Farm. It's absolutely gorgeous, and it's all about dogs. Canine Country Getaway: Want to vacation with your dog? Unwind, relax and play with your dog in a totally dog-friendly destination.

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I saw this last night and showed it to jimmy. Agreed x100! who would know how to wipe his face wrinkles and close his eyes just right, so he doesn't get powder in them?? hah.

frank does go to daycare but this place is so, so great and wonderful for obsessed puppy parents like myself. there are webcams we can watch him on, different rooms of dogs for different play styles (usually all bully breeds are together), even a snack of $15 chicken breast lol. everyone there is very dedicated. I do shy away from taking frank too often though, as it's just like daycare for children aka a hotbed of sicknesses going back and forth.

I panicked when he left frank with jimmys mom for 3 hours, just because she is so used to their elderly dog who's low maintenance and just lays around. all was fine but I did make jimmy cut our evening short to get back to frank. guess we're never going on vacation...

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Oh my, this place sounds amazing.

We are hopefully going here with frank for a trip in the late summer/early fall.

Pet Friendly Hocking Hills Cabins

OOh, just bookmarked Hocking Hills (I have a folder for pet friendly places). Looks like we'd love it.

Glen Highland is beautiful- we had a great time there. But because we have bulldogs, you need to go when they first open for the season, before it gets too hot.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with everyone, it's so hard to trust anyone with your baby, especially with all their issues like breathing, heat, exercise limitations, and allergies.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online