Chaos seems to be hoarse

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
As we all know, he is still learning to like his crate and it has got some better. But when we got home tonight and he started playing and tried to bark, he seems hoarse. He does cry an awful lot, so I think thats why...?? Also, his :poo: has gotten really runny lately. Hes on the same food and no treats. I did give him a spoon of pumpkin and he loved it! The hubby did feed him more than his usual feeding today...what will help harden his :poo:?

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I know pumpkin is a good source of fiber, so I wonder if that loosened him up? And I've heard over-feeding can make them loose too.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I would eliminate the pumpkin and see if the stool gets more firm. It is good for them but it is very fibrous. Also, if he ate more than usual, it can cause loose stools - just like in people - so perhaps scale back on that too.

As for the hoarseness, if he has been crying in his crate a lot, that will do it. I wouldn't worry too much unless it gets worse or it's accompanied my phelgm, coughing, or those types of issues.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I agree, try without the pumpkin and see if it stiffens. It is also common for puppies to have runny poo during stress, but they can also have worms, very very common. I always deworm any puppy, even if it came from the best of breeders, just as a precaution.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
[MENTION=1790]rayers[/MENTION] how is chaos doing?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.