Possibly Pregnant Female English Bulldog

Sircacilence

Jan 18, 2015
Mississippi
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ultimate Remy Le Bo
Okay everyone, I am not new to breeding...but I have run into something that I am unsure how to answer. I am considering buying a female English bulldog. Now if the breeders were to sell her to me and she ended up being pregnant after i bought her, what would happen?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I don't have any experience with this scenario, but why do you think she may be pregnant? Is she a puppy, or is she an older bully that they used for breeding and now are selling her? I would think that if you bought the dog then she would be yours, and if she ended up being pregnant or having puppies after they sold her to you, they would belong to you. I'm not sure what the laws are regarding breeders and selling dogs, or if there would be something in the contract regarding this, but you can ask questions before you buy the dog, and make sure you have everything in writing before you buy her.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I would have to assume that the pups would be yours unless something was stated in writing… I would have her checked out by a vet to be sure.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well let me see if I understand your question, because I'm not sure I do as to the way it is worded. A breeder should know if a female they sell is pregnant, because they would have had her bred, and in my eyes, why on earth would they even do that in the first place unless you two had a prier conversation about it. Plus if they had a female that accidentally got bred and they didn't know it, then they are idiots. But if that happened, the pups in my eyes are yours. Now the other way I read it is they are selling you a female with a limited registration, meaning they do not want her bred and you do it anyway, then you will not be able to register the pups through AKC, and it depends on the contract they have, but if it were me and someone bred one of my pups after I sold it with a limited registration, I would contact an attorney for breach of contract and get my bitch back. So hopefully I answered your question. If I'm way off, then please explain a little more in detail what you are asking.

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Before answering that question I think a little more info about the situation is needed. I'm a little confused as to why this would have come up. A breeder selling a bulldog they were not aware of being pregnant, did they attempt to breed her and just don't know if it took yet?? but if that's the case why would she be on the market to be sold?? Can you give a few more details??

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.