George Update--Cystine Stones HELP!

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
So after going through the panic about having the bladder stones removed last month, we finally got lab results. Turns out they are Cystine stones and the vet says that they are hereditary? I'm so sad because we wanted to breed George, so I could have one of his pups, but that isn't looking like an option. Our vet wants to neuter him and I am kicking myself for not having it done when he had the other surgery because I don't want him going under again. UGH! I have a few questions about these stones:

What is the best food to help prevent this? I am going to talk to the vet because she is ordering something, but I assume it is going to have crazy awful ingredients.

Vet suggested we contact his breeder and let her know what is going on so that she can have George's dad checked out and possibly not breed him anymore. I don't want our breeder to think that we are blaming her or trying to tell her what to do. She is awesome and I would not trade my George for anything in the world and would get another dog from her in the future. How do I go about this without offending her?? :unsure::unsure:

Is this something that we are going to be dealing with for the rest of his life? If it happens once will it happen again even if we have him neutered? I want to make the right decision with all of this, but I am lost!!

Any advice would be appreciated!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
BulldogMomma

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Thank you!! Should have searched this *facepalm*

We called the breeder and left a message. She has not called back so we will see where that goes!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.