Coconut oil

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
So I got organic coconut oil for Brett. He isn't a big fan of it at all. Tried everything from putting it in his yogurt..kibbles. And if I do he won't eat it. Any suggestions? I would really love for him to take it too. Thanks.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Interesting. Rubbing it in his coat should be good. Would you believe that Bella laps it up strait from a spoon? She makes me want to eat a spoonful.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting. Rubbing it in his coat should be good. Would you believe that Bella laps it up straight from a spoon? She makes me want to eat a spoonful.

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
If frank won't eat something I just mix in a little all natural peanut butter, he will eat anything that way!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
You can also place drops of it on wax paper and throw it in the fridge or freeze to make it solid and give it like ice cubes.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Mixing it with peanut butter sounds like a good idea. Winnie loves it coconut oil. I put it on my skin sometimes and she drives me crazy trying to lick it off! Maybe Brett will acquire a taste for it. Hey, maybe you could try putting it on your arms--maybe he would lick it off?! It's great for your skin too.

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
So I got organic coconut oil for Brett. He isn't a big fan of it at all. Tried everything from putting it in his yogurt..kibbles. And if I do he won't eat it. Any suggestions? I would really love for him to take it too. Thanks.
Coconut oil made a huge difference for Jackson's fur, and they eat it up like nobody's business! when I put it on Jackson's hair Penny follows him around and licks him all over! Haha!! They're a mess....I would try the peanut butter, or roll it up like a ball and see if he will eat it that way. My pups eat everything that isn't nailed down so I have to knock them off of each other to make sure everybody gets some

osiris20025

Feb 9, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Achilles
Achilles LOVES IT and goes crazy when I give it to him! I would just try rubbing it on his coat as mentioned above. :)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Voice of dissent here (per usual) but I'm not a fan of dogs eating coconut oil.

There's been absolutely no independent research done to collaborate the claims the manufacturers are making. None, zero, zilch. The articles you find on-line are from sources you should question. Where they get their information from?
However, there have been cases (to this day I've heard of four ) where a vet tells their client to stop giving it to their dog because they believe it's part of a diet that lead to pancreatitis.

Coconut oil is a saturated fat - fish oil is a polyunsaturated fat- that is a fact. This link briefly explains it in basic terms The truth about fats: the good, the bad, and the in-between - Harvard Health

Also, since many here already give dairy products such as yogurt to help digestion, I would seriously question whether adding coconut oil is a good idea. Along with their regular diet, treats, other supplements, do you really want to add on another saturated fat?

Until studies are done showing coconut oil beats out fish oil, or at least is on par with fish oil, I'll be here saying "Fish oil, with it's Omega 3 properties beats out Coconut oil all day long."

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.