Sigh.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My niece had a little 3 lb. Pom, named Peaches.She searched for a long time for her "special" little girl. She was going to go away, and couldn't take Peaches. She checked every Boarding/day care available for dogs. She found a nice one, and took her there for a day or two, so that she could she how things were. The third time she took her, and left her there while she was at work,a new dog came in. The owner of the day care walked little Peaches with the new(50 lb.) dog. As they started out, the new dog dived on Peaches and killed her. That was 4 years ago, and my niece has still not recovered.Peaches was the most trusting sweetest little gal. It still is so sad. All the daycare owner's fault. Walking a strange dog with that tiny girl.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
So sad and unnecessary:*( I don't know how they dare to have small dog together with bigger dogs, they should rather have them in groups with same size dogs... at least then the risk of them being able to kill each other is lower. Dogs fight sometimes, it's just the way it is:( That they got along before means nothing. Run free little one<3

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Petco has way too many incidents of all kinds and happening far too often!
They are paying Yelp to take off negative reviews but word is leaking out.
In the past month, a bully was left at one and died as a result of being choked
to death by employees then not calling for ER when he passed out.Those owners
are also speaking out.

Please, boycott Petco, they care NOTHING for you or your pets!

Thank you for posting this article, [MENTION=13711]USCgirl81[/MENTION]

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Good grief, poor baby, that's why we never take our dogs to places like that or dog parks.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
So sad and unnecessary:*( I don't know how they dare to have small dog together with bigger dogs, they should rather have them in groups with same size dogs... at least then the risk of them being able to kill each other is lower. Dogs fight sometimes, it's just the way it is:( That they got along before means nothing. Run free little one<3

I completely agree… even at many dog parks they put a weight limit to eliminate large dogs having free reign w/the smaller dogs. They are completely liable for this…

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
This is so sad, my heart goes out to the family. I'm so sorry for your niece as well Lynn. I agree that these tragedies can be avoided by staff separating like size dogs to their own areas and better screening by owners to determine if their dogs are aggressive or not.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
the screening can only go so far. There are other variables: medical, how the dogs are feeling that very moment, thyroid issues, just dislike for certain dogs and the list goes on.

There is the implied understanding that if your dog is agressive you keep the dog from meeting others especially in a public place. I was at a pet store down in Newport Beach and there was this poodle. After few sniffs with Harvey, this dog aggressively attacked my dog and got Harvey by the ear and sshe was shaking her head with all her might. Fortunately, this was a small enough dog and i did not see any visible wounds in Harvey's ears.

I looked at the other dog's owner and she said that her dog was never that aggressive before. So the dog saw Harvey as intimidating: perhaps because of the teefs sticking, out, the snorting, the lack of tail. Moral of the story. You just do not know how the dogs react when meeting another he/she has not met before so keep a watchful eye.

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Same with Brett. Every time we at the store. Other dogs get intimidated by him even if he standing there. I freak out every time

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.