RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My first thought aswell was that he may have swallowed something...Hope not and he's ok by now. Sending healing thoughts for sweet Frank!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Frank has given me such a scare! We are at the emergency vet right now. He was fine this morning but when I picked him up from daycare they said he had vomited once and was not his normal self. I brought him home and he refused to eat. This is NOT normal for frank who will gobble up any food in sight. We are sitting at the emergency vet right now and he's vomited twice more. Need some good thoughts sent my way :(

any update?

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
we ran blood tests, fecal, and did X-rays to rule out a foreign body... all came back fine! he was also not tender in his abdomen. So we have no answers really. we came home and he immediately passed out in bed with me. He's usually not *that* tired from a half day at daycare. he's just not acting like his normal self. I am hoping that he will perk back up and eat/drink this morning. the vet said he was a little dehydrated as his gums were sightly tacky. Unfortunately I had to come in to work on a saturday because we are throwing a huge open house event that I am in charge of running.. ugh. I slept awful and now it's so hard being away from frank!

the vet suggested giardia. frank had giardia when he was 2 months old and it could've been dormant? another vet friend suggest pancreatitis. I am praying it is just an upset tummy, but at the same time I'm wondering where he could've eaten something that didn't agree with him. they are pretty vigilant at our doggie daycare.

my boyfriend will be giving him breakfast soon. I'm checking my phone obsessively to make sure he eats! oh the joys of having a fur baby who can't just talk and tell you what's wrong.

if he is still not eating do you think next step would be a barium swallow?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

I would request that if he is not improving today..... I am confused on the giardia? i never heard of it causing vomiting only the :poo:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
we ran blood tests, fecal, and did X-rays to rule out a foreign body... all came back fine! he was also not tender in his abdomen. So we have no answers really. we came home and he immediately passed out in bed with me. He's usually not *that* tired from a half day at daycare. he's just not acting like his normal self. I am hoping that he will perk back up and eat/drink this morning. the vet said he was a little dehydrated as his gums were sightly tacky. Unfortunately I had to come in to work on a saturday because we are throwing a huge open house event that I am in charge of running.. ugh. I slept awful and now it's so hard being away from frank!

the vet suggested giardia. frank had giardia when he was 2 months old and it could've been dormant? another vet friend suggest pancreatitis. I am praying it is just an upset tummy, but at the same time I'm wondering where he could've eaten something that didn't agree with him. they are pretty vigilant at our doggie daycare.

my boyfriend will be giving him breakfast soon. I'm checking my phone obsessively to make sure he eats! oh the joys of having a fur baby who can't just talk and tell you what's wrong.

One of my bullies had giardia… he was throwing up everything, no appetite whatsoever and had slightly bloody diarrhea. It has very similar symptoms to parvo, but Winston recovered as soon as they figured out what was going on. Gosh I would say if they are still undecided then the barium would be the next step. We have had MANY bullies on here swallow items that did NOT show up on an x-ray. Still sending prayers for poor Frank… keep us posted and hang in there!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I would request that if he is not improving today..... I am confused on the giardia? i never heard of it causing vomiting only the :poo:

You know Winston had giardia, although they thought it was parvo. He was throwing up bile when he got rid of everything in his stomach. It was awful...

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Sending positive thoughts for Frank's improvement. Hopefully, it is just a stomach bug or something that didn't agree with him.

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
frank isn't really a swallower of random objects but we're not ruling it out. they did give us medicine for giardia based on his history. I am so sick of frank being on all these meds all the time...

wait, just got word from my boyfriend... HE ATE!!! i am so relieved, I still want to get home and see him for myself. my boyfriend tends to take the 'toughen up' approach while I am the gentle one who babies him.

600 bucks for all this... I will gladly pay for the peace of mind! sigh

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm glad Frank ate. Hopefully it was just a bug.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You know Winston had giardia, although they thought it was parvo. He was throwing up bile when he got rid of everything in his stomach. It was awful...

wow... maybe there are different degrees of it... Banks had it twice and never throw up just has lots and lots of :poo:

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I did catch this tender moment last night at the vet. frank was being a daddys boy all night... would only go to him

I am glad my boyfriend was able to leave work and rush over, I needed the moral support.
vxkndw.jpg

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww cute picture. I'm glad he ate something, and I hope he feels better and continues to improve.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.