sleeping in our bed occasionally?

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
my boyfriend works overnight 2x a week. I was thinking about letting frank sleep with me on these nights. would this cause a disruption to his schedule, would it make him whine to get in bed every other night? He has already claimed my reclining chair as his, and we are always on it together… so I’m afraid he would do the same thing if he was allowed in our bed.

I am leaning toward just keeping him in his crate every night like he’s used to, he likes his crate and always immediately falls asleep in it. but I also can’t deny that I would love some puppy snuggles on those nights when my boyfriend is gone!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't think it would mess with his schedule, I CAN'T sleep without Buster by my side. :no:

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Brett used to sleep in his crate the first time we took him home. Then I wanted him to sleep on the bed, now he won't sleep back in his crate anymore. He whines when I put him in his crate every night.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
It's either or. Unfortunately, we can't train them to sleep with us when we want it. It's either all the time, or none. He'll get very confused and upset otherwise.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I have never met a Bully that can do anything occasionally. It is either all or nothing.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Once you have him sleep in your bed with you, be ready to make it a permanent thing. I'm sure your BF will get used to it tho. :D

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Dogs are eather or types. They don't really understand sometimes, now and then or occasionally....

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Is he potty trained? If so, don't worry about it. I started letting Til sleep in the bed once she stopped needing to potty in the middle of the night. We still used the crate when we left her alone during the day. There were no issues.

Even now, we no longer lock her in the crate, but she will prefer to sleep in the crate than in bed with me :(

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Once you have him sleep in your bed with you, be ready to make it a permanent thing. I'm sure your BF will get used to it tho. :D

I actually think my bf wants frank to sleep with us more than i do! I just can't have both of them in there with me lol. I need my space. I already wake up half the time with a big hairy leg over my stomach or a hand on my face. and frank is a total space hog, he would splay out right in the middle of the bed. our next big purchase is a new big bed! maybe I should push for a california king... all the more room for the big dog family i want :)

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
I actually think my bf wants frank to sleep with us more than i do! I just can't have both of them in there with me lol. I need my space. I already wake up half the time with a big hairy leg over my stomach or a hand on my face. and frank is a total space hog, he would splay out right in the middle of the bed. our next big purchase is a new big bed! maybe I should push for a california king... all the more room for the big dog family i want :)

That's exactly what we did...California King...BUT....Goob still chooses to squeeze in between us and push me towards the corner or sleep between my legs...go figure! But, I LOVE him sleeping with us. No matter how uncomfortable I am.

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Belle started out in her crate but now she sleeps with us every night. She fell asleep in bed with us one night when we were watching a movie and from then on it just became permanent. She doesn't cause any issues so we don't mind it but I know that we couldn't go back to crating her now. She loves the bed and being with us :)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I will give you my personal experience. My husband goes out of state for business at times. Vegas who will be 6 next week LOVES his crate is very content being in it with the door always open. When my hubby goes out of town, of course I let Vegas sleep with me every night. Total bed hog!! But then when hubby gets home we have the next few nights of Vegas sitting outside our closed bedroom door crying to come in. (with one mad hubby laying beside me!!) I agree one way or the other, but it won't stop me from doing it again. Just be prepared for a crying bully after he has to go back to crate sleeping. Good Luck.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
guess you will be buying a king size bed this weekend :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online