A tough toy! I may have found it.

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
I know most bully owners are on the search for a near-indestructible dog toy. Or like, one that can last five minutes.

My husband came home from Daytona Bike Week with gifts for us all. I was most impressed with Winslow's. :p

It is a toy from Just Ducky Products.
The Perfect Pet Products by Bihlerflex™

At first i was a little skeptical, just cause it looks.. weird, but is it ever holding up! I can't even find a tooth mark in it. The material is soft. Not squishy but bendable and pretty solid. There's not much to hold onto during a tug game but that's no big deal to me.

Anyway, i find i am having a hard time with words today..... So here's a video. :D
Not sure if these toys have been posted on here before but i figured i should share this find. :D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow, how cool! I'll have to see if I can get here, thanks for this!

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
That's a great video of good looking Winslow. He's so well behaved :)
Thanks! :) it took a long time to be able to take a toy if it was anywhere near him.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Thanks! :) it took a long time to be able to take a toy if it was anywhere near him.

How did you teach "drop it"? I'm trying to teach Bella the same ("give it") by having a treat in my hand and taking the toy from her. Shes not catching on quickly, though.

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
[MENTION=13235]Cali Doll[/MENTION]
I started with a hand signal that i totally made up. Just like I'm letting go of something. But pretty similar to the same thing as you along with the signal.

I like to do a lot of rewarding with play, which was pretty helpful in this case. I used some balls that he really likes (raquetballs from Kmart, they are a bit on the smaller side but bouncy and squishy and oh so fun! Just supervise with them is all) and when he got it, i would do the signal, tell him to drop, and hope he actually did it.
As soon as he dropped it, I'd throw another one that i was holding in my hand (since he likes to guard, it was just easier to have another one to throw, and then grab what he dropped). Eventually he figured out "Drop the ball, play more with ball."
I moved on to using just one ball and kind of exercise it a lot with whatever toy we're using.

It has made a big difference in how we play, and led to better control with other parts of it... For instance, being able to say Wait and take the toy from right near his mouth. He also can catch the ball now :D and will drop it right away so i throw it again. Never thought that would happen!

I don't feel like i described this very well. :( if you'd like i can try and make a video to demonstrate how we started and that might help?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I also have problems with the "drop it" command. For instance, Tate will have a toy in his mouth and then he sees me with a treat and he drops the toy way before I've even asked him to drop it. Even when i hide the treat as best as i can, he seems to know i have one and will already have discarded the toy and comes running to me to get his treat. Very frustrating!

OP
jenzaar

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
What a stinker [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] !!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
That looks like a cool toy, I'll have to look it up, I'm always looking for bulky proof toys and ones that last more than 5 mins. Dozer and Blossoms favourite toys are balls.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
WHAT A SMART BOY WINSLOW IS, AND A VERY HANDSOME BOY. I AM GOING TO BUY THIS FOR MY ELMO BOY.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
@Cali Doll
I started with a hand signal that i totally made up. Just like I'm letting go of something. But pretty similar to the same thing as you along with the signal.

I like to do a lot of rewarding with play, which was pretty helpful in this case. I used some balls that he really likes (raquetballs from Kmart, they are a bit on the smaller side but bouncy and squishy and oh so fun! Just supervise with them is all) and when he got it, i would do the signal, tell him to drop, and hope he actually did it.
As soon as he dropped it, I'd throw another one that i was holding in my hand (since he likes to guard, it was just easier to have another one to throw, and then grab what he dropped). Eventually he figured out "Drop the ball, play more with ball."
I moved on to using just one ball and kind of exercise it a lot with whatever toy we're using.

It has made a big difference in how we play, and led to better control with other parts of it... For instance, being able to say Wait and take the toy from right near his mouth. He also can catch the ball now :D and will drop it right away so i throw it again. Never thought that would happen!

I don't feel like i described this very well. :( if you'd like i can try and make a video to demonstrate how we started and that might help?

A video would be wonderful!! Thank you so much!! Bella has gotten every command we've worked on in puppy class, except for "Give" and "Lay". My new plan is to make her "Lay" for meals. LOL, if that doesn't work, nothing will!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
That toy looks like fun and it is awesome that it holds up so well. I am going to try to get one for Frank especially since it is very different from all of his other toys.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.