2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just got back from the vet. The stitches from his tuck are fine. Looks like it's allergy related. I did wonder if it was allergy related because on Sunday when the eyes were puffy I gave him some benadryl and it helped. So for now we are going to be on benadryl 2x a day. He said it will also help to keep down inflammation while the eyes are healing. We will check in with the vet in another week.

Hope the Benedryl helps and there is o need for additional surgery

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
This is good news.
Thanks. I am really glad that we may be able to avoide any further surgery. He was such a good boy when we went there yesterday. Raven normally puts the breaks on when we get there and I literally have to pick her up and bring her into the office.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Thanks. I am really glad that we may be able to avoide any further surgery. He was such a good boy when we went there yesterday. Raven normally puts the breaks on when we get there and I literally have to pick her up and bring her into the office.
Brutus does the same thing, he realizes where he is and stops dead in his tracks. I'm glad the tacking is holding. It is much better than to have it removed.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sorry, just reading this. It can take some time for the swelling to go down, sometimes a month, and allergies definitely don't help. Hopefully he will start to improve soon, and the Benedryl should help.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
can't hurt.... I might even get that one -- says it helps with your mood :D

The vet is a big proponent of salmon oil. He said the omega is pretty good and helps a ton with their skin. I actually have a big bottle of the grizzley salmon oil but the first time I gave it to them they got the squishes. I may try it again. I also have natural coconut oil here. Always so many different things that are useful to try.

If it helps with moods, I need it by the case for my two teenagers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry, just reading this. It can take some time for the swelling to go down, sometimes a month, and allergies definitely don't help. Hopefully he will start to improve soon, and the Benedryl should help.

Thanks. The swelling had gone down pretty good. Really thankful and hoping to manage the allergies so the tissue doesn't keep getting inflamed. When I heard it was allergies in my mind I was thinking maybe I should share my allergy drops with him. Ooh so many things can go wrong with these guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
If the gland is totally emoved I most definedly would ask again about the drops.

Spoke with my vet and he said he made only a partial removal. Now I know why i wasn't given drops and just ointment.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.