OliviaB

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
yup, my jovi does this too!! its actually a good thing. My neighbor got his house broken into about a month ago and the cops says they probably have been scoping out the houses on our street for some time. Luckily Jovi's barks are very vicious sounding and any noise that happens with the doors, she goes nuts. I have seen footprints in the snow coming up to our front door the same night they broke into our neighbors and we were out that night until about 11PM. Now the neighbor has a security alarm on his house and video that captures his house and ours. :pray2:

Oh gosh that's scary! My husband is a police officer so we do have loaded guns in the house but it is nice knowing that she will bark if something is out of the ordinary. Her bark makes her sound a lot bigger than she really. She is usually very quiet so her rare barks don't bother me. I just thought it was hilarious how terrified those two ladies were. Her teeth stick out too so I'm sure that intimidated them :giggle:

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I'm a Christian too but still, dislike people going door to door
pushing religion...or anything else. We live in different times,
not long ago, a Girl Scout selling cookies was raped :( I feel
the same about Halloween, just not safe for kids to do this now.

My Cami barks at doorbell & knocks at the door but once they're
in, she's all lovey. Agree with you, the way a bulldog looks AND
sounds is automatically taken as mean, so unfair! It's kinda funny
but all of us who love bullys never took them as mean even before
we owned one! I remember running up to them and never feeling
threatened, I loved their fierce look & loved their growliness and
of course, most are big marshmellow puffs ;)

I really don't mind when people think Bella looks grumpy (or mean or whatever). I was just walking her outside and I passed a man who said to me, "Nice protector you have there."

I thought, "Bella?? She'll smother you to death with her kisses, maybe." But, I like that he thinks she'll protect me...yeah, she'll kill you, so leave me alone.

:blush:

image.jpg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.