Our attack bulldog...

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
So apparently Belle is extremely vicious and scary...at least that's what the two older women who knocked on our door this evening thought. Two religious women rang our doorbell while I was on the back deck talking on the phone. My husband is recovering from knee surgery so he's really slow getting down the stairs to the front door. As soon as Belle heard the doorbell she ran ahead and shoved her big head against the glass beside the door. My husband said he could hear the women before he opened the door saying, "OOOO look at that dog! Uh uh let's go!" As soon as my husband opened the door, Belle shoved her face out and grunted...you know that really happy excited noise that bulldogs make? She was THRILLED to have people at her house. The women on the other hand were terrified. They threw their religious literature at my husband and basically tripped over each other to get back down the stairs. They literally ran back up the driveway and called to my husband, "Uh, read the paper..you're invited to church!" LOL...who knew we had a guard dog?! :giggle:

Note: I have nothing against the ladies who came or their religion. We are Christians and are happy with our church but I would have gladly talked to them if Belle didn't scare them off :)

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Olivia, thanks for the great laugh and awesome visual! I'd love for uninvited strangers to think my Bella is scary.

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Hahaha well you're lucky. Daisy hates when people come to my door. I do think it has something to do with living in an apartment though. She is horribly vicious. I don't know if she would actually bite someone but she does not want anyone coming to mommys' door 😕

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Oh my. Harvey is the same way. Knock on the door and he will bark several times. He is that vicious and scary that once he meets you, he will lick you to death.

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Brett is like that too. Especially if I'm in the bathroom he would usually guard me while I'm peeing LOL! I know I know I sometimes leave the bathroom door open so I can make sure he's okay ..

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
Dually is no guard dog! He barks at whoever is at the door but if I let them in my house he runs in the other direction barking over his shoulder!! Such a wimp!!

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
Yes I can. I will start a new thread so I don't take away from this one!!

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
It always amazes me how people automatically think bullies are mean and scary looking, meanwhile mine only want to be rubbed and sit on your lap.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:rofl: that is one way to keep the solicitors at bay :giggle:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
ask [MENTION=7457]nycbullymama[/MENTION], her boys love when someone comes to the door!!

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
yup, my jovi does this too!! its actually a good thing. My neighbor got his house broken into about a month ago and the cops says they probably have been scoping out the houses on our street for some time. Luckily Jovi's barks are very vicious sounding and any noise that happens with the doors, she goes nuts. I have seen footprints in the snow coming up to our front door the same night they broke into our neighbors and we were out that night until about 11PM. Now the neighbor has a security alarm on his house and video that captures his house and ours. :pray2:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'm a Christian too but still, dislike people going door to door
pushing religion...or anything else. We live in different times,
not long ago, a Girl Scout selling cookies was raped :( I feel
the same about Halloween, just not safe for kids to do this now.

My Cami barks at doorbell & knocks at the door but once they're
in, she's all lovey. Agree with you, the way a bulldog looks AND
sounds is automatically taken as mean, so unfair! It's kinda funny
but all of us who love bullys never took them as mean even before
we owned one! I remember running up to them and never feeling
threatened, I loved their fierce look & loved their growliness and
of course, most are big marshmellow puffs ;)

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Mine are front and center when the bell rings, they want to greet everyone. Plus they know for the most part the only one coming to the front door usually delivers food or lovely boxes that have tons of toys for them. I used to kind of shush Tyson with the barking and alerting. I don't do it anymore because I realize he can be a great burglar deterrent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.