Real Name
    Brandi Salyer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Penny, Angel, and Jackson
    Likes (Received)

Default Sharing bully responsibilities?

I was thinking about this last night as I was doing the daily bully routine after working 16 hours and getting home at 3am *sigh* does your significant other help you with the bully "duties"? My husband thinks I'm crazy because I clean their rolls, and privates daily, give them vitamins, filtered water, yogurt, cottage cheese (only as a treat now, fatties) and just started putting coconut oil on their fur, and massaging it in to their boo-boo's on their cheeks. Angel doesn't have any, little cheek biter!
    He really thinks I'm obsessed, and all I do to keep them healthy and strong is overboard.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Sharing bully responsibilities?

right there with you... my other half will ask if it has been done, but unless I ask him to actually do the stuff, it is all me
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Olivia
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Belle
    Likes (Received)

Fortunately my husband completely understands the obsessive care Belle requires. We've wanted an English Bulldog for over 10 years so in that time we've done plenty of research. He knew going into this what would be involved and he was totally on board. I work long hours but he's home 24-7 with her so he is in charge of feeding and most of the potty breaks. He will also wipe her wrinkles and face as needed without me having to ask. The ONLY thing he won't do is clean her tail pocket...that grosses him out I handle all of her vet care and monthly meds (heartworm, flea and tick, etc). We split things pretty evenly.
    "The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.”
    ― Charles de Gaulle

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

No SO here. It's all me baby!
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

My Husband puts Elmo up on the table so I can clean his wrinkles, ropes, and tail pocket. I do all the cleaning daily of Elmo, but when it is time for Elmo to get into the tub, my husband helps hold him.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

My hubby works 10 hour days outside in cold and heat, and he wakes up at 4:30 am, so I walk and feed them every morning at 6:00 am, I clean their wrinkles, eyes, ears and faces, my guys don't have a tail pocket. We walk them together in the evenings and he will feed them in the evening while I make our dinner. They get a bath once every two weeks, and he baths them in the tub, and I wash their faces, ears and eyes with a facecloth, while they are in the tub and I do the white vinegar and warm water rinse on them. He cleans the tub after their bath, and he will sweep and vacuum the dog hair and I damp mop the floors, so we share the duties. My son also helps, he looks after them when we aren't home, he takes Blossom pretty much everywhere he goes, because she loves to walk, but Dozer won't walk very far. My son tends to be a night owl, and he will take them out more in the evening hours. All 3 of us understand the care of them and my hubby and son know I'm strict with what I feed them, hubby tends to be a bit of a junk food eater and wants to share with them, but he knows not to, and he will sometimes forget to put their extras like yogurt in the morning into their food, or the acv in their water but he tries.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
    Likes (Received)

When we got Henry I was working and we shared responsibilities evenly. I got sick shortly after and had to stop working. I'm home with him all day so I do all of the cleaning. Hubby feeds them in the mornings and takes them out to potty while I make his lunch. I feed them in the evenings so I can give them their goodies of yogurt and coconut oil. When I'm sick he does everything. When I'm well, I do the majority. I don't want him to have to work all day then wipe a dirty face and tushy when I've been home. If it wasn't for Henry, I would probably spend more days in bed. He's been a life saver in more ways than one. I'm so thankful that we got him when we did. We had him for less than a month when I had to quit working. We would never have gotten a dog and added the stress and expense of it if we would have known I would have to stay home. Thank god we found him.
    Sorry, I sure can get on a ramble sometimes, lol!

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Gary and I share in the bully work. We take turns sleeping in on the weekends so one day he will get up and the next I will. The kids will do the feedings and potty breaks and all during the week because we leave for work earlier than the boys wake up. I do the feedings in the evening and maintenance. Everyone knows the routine and follows it really well. I am lucky, I have a great family that loves the boys as much as I do.
    My smooshy face boy!

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

We have a lot of pets in the house. The person who took in the pet gets to care for the pet. The dogs are mine, so I care for them. My husband does a lot of the training only because he can't stand misbehaved dogs and I'm not very good at it. He has the birds so he takes care of them. My kids has the snakes, fish, lizard, and turtles.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

Keith will feed Ruckus and smother him with love, but any bathing or roll cleaning is all me.

Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)

single mom here.... I do it ALL! I even provide a butt pillow when needed....

-img_20150316_192543_edit-jpg

My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

I'd say I do about 95% of things unrelated to walking & feeding. My husband does morning feed & walk / I do afternoons. But that's about it. He will love on him, and play with him, and hang out. But I get all the dirty work. Wipes, wrinkles, baths, meds, supplements, its all mom.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads