Having fun in the heat?

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Here in Los Angeles, it is 95 degrees! It's been so hot, Matilda and I haven't been able to do our walkies. I live in an apartment, so we don't have a yard either.

What can we do for fun when it's too hot to play outside? What do you guys do? Matilda has been so bored this week!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Here in Los Angeles, it is 95 degrees! It's been so hot, Matilda and I haven't been able to do our walkies. I live in an apartment, so we don't have a yard either.

What can we do for fun when it's too hot to play outside? What do you guys do? Matilda has been so bored this week!

Yes, too hot in LA right now. Seems like we're skipping spring and hopping right into summer. Sometimes I will pack the boys into the car and drive to the pet store. It's AC'd in there so we just walk up/down the aisles; they get their exercise, some socializing in, and it's a nice little break (plus, sometimes there's the purchasing of a toy or two involved)!

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter

4 words: Fashion Island Newport Beach - it is a pet friendly mall in Orange county.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack

I play fetch in the house

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
We stay indoors w the AC on. Pork Chop is a mellow dog. We wait til the evening for walks.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We play fetch and wrestle with them in the house.... out side time in that heat is limited to potty only. Banks LOVED, LOVED LOVED the hose so we would let her play in the evening with it for about 20 mins. then back inside

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
No one wants to trade weather temps with me lol This 90 degree weather is not bully friendly.

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
It's been warmer here too...only 75 but humid so I've been keeping Belle indoors. She's pretty lazy but she loves to play with her tug rope. I will also give her a kong with frozen greek yogurt inside if she's acting restless. It keeps her busy for awhile and then she's ready for a nap ;)

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Make a small flirt pole! You can use it inside the house. I live in south Texas and hear heat with humidity is crazy! Google diy PVC flirt pole :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
We play lots of inside fetch when it's too hot. I also try to invite other pups over for play dates -- I crank up the AC and let them go crazy in the living room.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.