Hotspot?!? On his face?

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I have a vet appointment at 3, so I'll know for sure this afternoon. Ruckus refused to let me shave the area, so I can't get the best look -- which tells me that he must be pretty irritated by it because he normally let's me do whatever to him.

I noticed a little spot he was scratching at Thursday night, but this morning I woke up and it was much worse. It's pussy and a little bloody because he scratched it.

Luckily he fell asleep, so I was able to get a few close up pictures.

What do you guys think? Hot spot?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426352293.068004.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426352303.896174.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426352312.014804.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426352322.130284.jpg

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I really dont know. I am glad he is seeing the vet. Let us know what happens.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes it does look like one from the picture. Let us know how his vet appointment goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have a vet appointment at 3, so I'll know for sure this afternoon. Ruckus refused to let me shave the area, so I can't get the best look -- which tells me that he must be pretty irritated by it because he normally let's me do whatever to him.

I noticed a little spot he was scratching at Thursday night, but this morning I woke up and it was much worse. It's pussy and a little bloody because he scratched it.

Luckily he fell asleep, so I was able to get a few close up pictures.

What do you guys think? Hot spot?

View attachment 85059
View attachment 85060
View attachment 85061
View attachment 85062

it could be, but the 'white puss' kind of makes me think not...... let us know how it is

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
He's got a bacterial infection. The vet said probably from scratching at a bug bite or just an itch and it got infected then just sort of spiraled out of control. We have an antibiotic and a cream.

Poor Ruckus did not enjoy having the area clipped, but he was a trooper. The vet tech was the worst I've ever met though and she clearly made Ruckus anxious. She was afraid of Ruckus for some reason...but that's another story.

I'm just glad Ruckus seems to feel a little better after getting the spot cleaned up and getting some medicine.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He's got a bacterial infection. The vet said probably from scratching at a bug bite or just an itch and it got infected then just sort of spiraled out of control. We have an antibiotic and a cream.

Poor Ruckus did not enjoy having the area clipped, but he was a trooper. The vet tech was the worst I've ever met though and she clearly made Ruckus anxious. She was afraid of Ruckus for some reason...but that's another story.

I'm just glad Ruckus seems to feel a little better after getting the spot cleaned up and getting some medicine.

so good you found it and he is going to heal up quick! give him hugs

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.