xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
So today we went to walk Jovi and Bella and with all the sunshine outside we were able to see how red her face was. When we got her inside I grabbed a douxo chlorhexidine pad to wipe the wrinkle and I scrapped it pretty good and looked at it and the WHOLE pad was FILLED, it was a dark red color like blood. So I assume her yeast came back but it was NEVER this bad so I am thinking it's an infection. There is more fur missing in the crease that usual, and it took about 4 pads to get most of it. I then mixed neosporin and triple antibacterial ointment together and put it in there to help with any pain and also heal it. Luckily she has a vet appt on tues for all her 1 year shots, a check up and to get all her pain meds refilled so I will talk to her vet about this. Hope this clears it up though. :pray2: It certainly explains why she has acted funny the last two days. Usually when she is in pain she is SUPER loving, and the last two days all she's done is cuddle and not play, yet she was walking fine so I didn't think it was her legs or hips even though I gave her meds in case. But I think it's just because her face hurt.

Also on a brighter note, I am almost positive we are getting a puppy from Jovi's moms litter! Actually, one of my senior managers at work wants one too, so our plan is we will all drive down and get one together. I am super excited!! I have not gotten many pictures, but they did turn a week old yesterday. They will be ready April 30th!
:w00t:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I hope Jovi's fold heals up quick -- I hate when the folds get all gunky, poor girl!

Good luck with the new pup pick up

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi April, poor baby, it probably is the nose rope that is bothering her, but it should clear up quickly with the cleaning and treatment you already did. Her vet appt is also coming up soon, so he will be able to take a look at it, but it sounds like you're doing a good job of treating it.

I'm so excited for you getting a new puppy, Congratulations. Are you planning on getting a boy or a girl? Any Na,EB's picked out?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Good thing you found it and cleaned it out, so hopefully she will get better soon. Congrats on your new pup, can't wait to see pics. :)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I hope Jovi is feeling better soon. Good luck with the pup! Cant wait to see pics!

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Hi April, poor baby, it probably is the nose rope that is bothering her, but it should clear up quickly with the cleaning and treatment you already did. Her. Et appt is also coming up soon, so he will be able to take a look at it, but it sounds like you're doing a good job of treating it.

I'm so excited for you getting a new puppy, Congratulations. Are you planning on getting a boy or a girl? Any Na,EB's picked out?

We have not decided on a male or female, but I know that out of the litter there is only 2 male. Which is a bummer since everybody suggested I got a male puppy. I don't get first pick, I assume I will have third pick so it all depends on which one I fall in love with. We havn't received any pictures since when I posted about them, but I plan to make a choice by 3-4 weeks, and possibly as they are 6-7 weeks to double check. I like to see how they fill out. I am very excited!! And yes, as for Jovi we're going to keep up on this routine with the ointment and pads to see if this clears up by tues. If not I will talk with the vet about it! And also, thanks everybody!!!!! I really appreciate it. Now it's time to think of a name! Any thoughts?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have not decided on a male or female, but I know that out of the litter there is only 2 male. Which is a bummer since everybody suggested I got a male puppy. I don't get first pick, I assume I will have third pick so it all depends on which one I fall in love with. We havn't received any pictures since when I posted about them, but I plan to make a choice by 3-4 weeks, and possibly as they are 6-7 weeks to double check. I like to see how they fill out. I am very excited!! And yes, as for Jovi we're going to keep up on this routine with the ointment and pads to see if this clears up by tues. If not I will talk with the vet about it! And also, thanks everybody!!!!! I really appreciate it. Now it's time to think of a name! Any thoughts?

Boy -- Richie or Bon Girl -- Dora (I think that is Jon's wife) :giggle:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom

These are some girls names I like:

Ariel, Blossom, Bella, Chloe, Diva, Fallon, Zoey, Ladybug, Daisy, Charlotte (Charlie), Quinn, Roxie, Willow, Priscilla, Emma,
Tanka, Harlea

these are some boys names I like:

Apollo, Bulldozer, Zeus, Jagger, Tonka, Elvis, Mick, Bogart (Bogey), Dexter, Harley, Rambo, Rocky, Xavier, Sebastien, Quinn,

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
How is Jovi today?

Thank's everyone! And Jovi is good. We wiped her wrinkle and it was MUCH better today and I put more ointment on to heal it. So here's to hoping we can clear it on our own!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.