OP
TheLost

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Kevin roots for a different Mountain West team.. but our harts go out to the Fresno state fans and the owners of Victor E.

Quick Tip!!

A few years ago we had a BAD wasp nest/infestation in our backyard.. While at a local IFA (hard to describe.. kind of like a feed store/farm supply store.. its where suburb dwellers go to feel like they 'gentleman farmers' and buy baby chickens.) i asked one of the employee's what i could do about all the wasps. He recommended this:
Amazon.com : FMI Brands Inc. Beee Free Natural Wasp Deterrent : Home Pest Control Traps : Patio, Lawn & Garden

You need to hang it up early spring (like NOW) but we haven't had any wasps in our backyard since! I guess wasps are territorial and don't like to live next to another hive.. I also assume they have bad eyesight because it looks more like a Japanese lantern then a wasp nest.. But it works amazingly well.. all my neighbors use them now also.

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
I think I'm gonna have to do some research on Allergex... it seems it comes in 4 mg tablets. Benadryl as far as I can see comes in 25 mg tablets? My dogs are between 53-64 lbs (24-29kg) which means I would need A LOT of Allergex but only two Benadryl:unsure: I'm confused, am I getting this wrong:ashamed:
Allergex is chlorpheniramine and is not recommended for anaphylaxis, as Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is. The allergex is an antihistamine, it's just not as "strong" as diphenhydramine. when checking labels make sure to look for the ingredient diphenhydramine, it looks like in other countries the Benadryl brand is marketed containing other antihistamines, or no antihistamine at all. Hope this helps ;)

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Allergex is chlorpheniramine and is not recommended for anaphylaxis, as Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is. The allergex is an antihistamine, it's just not as "strong" as diphenhydramine. when checking labels make sure to look for the ingredient diphenhydramine, it looks like in other countries the Benadryl brand is marketed containing other antihistamines, or no antihistamine at all. Hope this helps ;)

I think I'm gonna have to try to fine Benadryl somewhere, this all sounds so complicated:unsure: we're going to Pretoria tomorrow, think the big pharmacies might have... :)

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
So Sad about this Bulldog passing away from a bee sting. Love and Prayers to the family.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.