TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Victor E. II, bulldog mascot for Fresno State, dies from bee sting
Local News | FresnoBee.com

A sad story... I had the chance to see Victor last year and he truly was loved by the Fresno State fans.

Keep those bully's safe!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Ugh. This breaks my heart, especially reading the part where they tended to him immediately & even did CPR, bless that family. Tyson was just stung by a wasp 2 weeks ago, I went into immediate panic mode, as he held his little paw up in dis-pare. I had his paw in a baking soda/water mix immediately, and keep checking for any inflammation, redness, swelling. I had the benadryl ready to administer in case I saw it. Time is so precious, so please love on your babies every single day.... rest in peace sweet Victor.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Rest in peace handsome!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So sad.Rest in peace, sweet boy. Martha got a sting. It took prednisone and two benedryl. She had hives all over, and her face swelled like a balloon. I was very lucky I had the pred. on hand,at the time.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I can't open the page but I think it's my connection that's bad right now... maybe just as well, I will just cry:( What is the best thing to do if it happens? Our town vet is about 5 minutes away but she's most often away out on farms and stuff...

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I can't open the page but I think it's my connection that's bad right now... maybe just as well, I will just cry:( What is the best thing to do if it happens? Our town vet is about 5 minutes away but she's most often away out on farms and stuff...

A paste of baking soda & water to help the sting is best immediately, that will keep them calm & soothe the pain. If you start to see a reaction, administer benadryl right away I would do two... then straight to urgent care. Or prednisone, but that is prescribed so many may not have it.

Each one is different, Tyson's been stung (wasp) and got into fire ants, he was fine, never had a reaction. It just really bothered him, and made his paws twitch. Until the baking soda paste was applied.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack

Have benedryl on hand to counteract the reaction. It will help with swelling and mild reaction symptoms, If they have an anaphylactic reaction, only a vet can help. Do you have that or anything like it there?

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
Omg that's so sad [emoji25] Barkley got stung on his lip last year...there was a bee crawling on the ground and of course he tried to eat it! He shook his head and then started licking his lips a lot but then was just fine. I wouldn't have even known it happened if I hadn't seen it. I found the stinger on his lip and got it out so at least I did see it happen so I was able to get it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Have benedryl on hand to counteract the reaction. It will help with swelling and mild reaction symptoms, If they have an anaphylactic reaction, only a vet can help. Do you have that or anything like it there?

I'm not sure... I will have to ask the vet. We have something here called Allergex but I think that's more for allergies caused from food or grass and so on...? but I'm not sure. When I Google Benadryl it says I can order online, but with this post office:facepalm2: Will ask at the pharmacy and see if they have:)

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm not sure... I will have to ask the vet. We have something here called Allergex but I think that's more for allergies caused from food or grass and so on...? but I'm not sure. When I Google Benadryl it says I can order online, but with this post office:facepalm2: Will ask at the pharmacy and see if they have:)

looks like it is similar to Benedryl... just do the same 1 mg per pound of doggie :)

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So sad.Rest in peace, sweet boy. Martha got a sting. It took prednisone and two benedryl. She had hives all over, and her face swelled like a balloon. I was very lucky I had the pred. on hand,at the time.

It happened to Banks twice, but we never knew what caused the reaction... both were horrendous and happened at like 2 AM so we think it was something outside that took a while to impact her -- eyes shut and her whole face was red, but we were very lucky it was not worse

IMG_4453.jpg IMG_5002.jpg

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
omg!!! I had no idea that he had passed. Actually, a few days ago my fiance sent me an article about this bulldog and how he had thrown up on the field. In the article it mentioned his owners were monitoring him, but said he had just gotten really excited and was pulling on the leash more than normal. So I just took from the story that he was okay. This is terrible. I am so sorry for those owners :( I can't even imagine!!!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
looks like it is similar to Benedryl... just do the same 1 mg per pound of doggie :)

I think I'm gonna have to do some research on Allergex... it seems it comes in 4 mg tablets. Benadryl as far as I can see comes in 25 mg tablets? My dogs are between 53-64 lbs (24-29kg) which means I would need A LOT of Allergex but only two Benadryl:unsure: I'm confused, am I getting this wrong:ashamed:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think I'm gonna have to do some research on Allergex... it seems it comes in 4 mg tablets. Benadryl as far as I can see comes in 25 mg tablets? My dogs are between 53-64 lbs (24-29kg) which means I would need A LOT of Allergex but only two Benadryl:unsure: I'm confused, am I getting this wrong:ashamed:

Use one and see how they do.... Look at/compare the ingredients--- the Allergex might be more like Claritin or Allegra which are i think 10 mg. so they are stronger and you only use one pill a day

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.