Real Name
    April
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jovi
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: A reminder about bee stings.. Fresno State mascot :(

omg!!! I had no idea that he had passed. Actually, a few days ago my fiance sent me an article about this bulldog and how he had thrown up on the field. In the article it mentioned his owners were monitoring him, but said he had just gotten really excited and was pulling on the leash more than normal. So I just took from the story that he was okay. This is terrible. I am so sorry for those owners I can't even imagine!!!

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    looks like it is similar to Benedryl... just do the same 1 mg per pound of doggie
    I think I'm gonna have to do some research on Allergex... it seems it comes in 4 mg tablets. Benadryl as far as I can see comes in 25 mg tablets? My dogs are between 53-64 lbs (24-29kg) which means I would need A LOT of Allergex but only two Benadryl I'm confused, am I getting this wrong
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    I think I'm gonna have to do some research on Allergex... it seems it comes in 4 mg tablets. Benadryl as far as I can see comes in 25 mg tablets? My dogs are between 53-64 lbs (24-29kg) which means I would need A LOT of Allergex but only two Benadryl I'm confused, am I getting this wrong
    Use one and see how they do.... Look at/compare the ingredients--- the Allergex might be more like Claritin or Allegra which are i think 10 mg. so they are stronger and you only use one pill a day
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
    Likes (Received)

Kevin roots for a different Mountain West team.. but our harts go out to the Fresno state fans and the owners of Victor E.

Quick Tip!!

A few years ago we had a BAD wasp nest/infestation in our backyard.. While at a local IFA (hard to describe.. kind of like a feed store/farm supply store.. its where suburb dwellers go to feel like they 'gentleman farmers' and buy baby chickens.) i asked one of the employee's what i could do about all the wasps. He recommended this:
    Amazon.com : FMI Brands Inc. Beee Free Natural Wasp Deterrent : Home Pest Control Traps : Patio, Lawn & Garden

You need to hang it up early spring (like NOW) but we haven't had any wasps in our backyard since! I guess wasps are territorial and don't like to live next to another hive.. I also assume they have bad eyesight because it looks more like a Japanese lantern then a wasp nest.. But it works amazingly well.. all my neighbors use them now also.

Real Name
    Brandi Salyer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Penny, Angel, and Jackson
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    Allergex is chlorpheniramine and is not recommended for anaphylaxis, as Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is. The allergex is an antihistamine, it's just not as "strong" as diphenhydramine. when checking labels make sure to look for the ingredient diphenhydramine, it looks like in other countries the Benadryl brand is marketed containing other antihistamines, or no antihistamine at all. Hope this helps

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDogMom View Post
    Allergex is chlorpheniramine and is not recommended for anaphylaxis, as Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is. The allergex is an antihistamine, it's just not as "strong" as diphenhydramine. when checking labels make sure to look for the ingredient diphenhydramine, it looks like in other countries the Benadryl brand is marketed containing other antihistamines, or no antihistamine at all. Hope this helps

I think I'm gonna have to try to fine Benadryl somewhere, this all sounds so complicated we're going to Pretoria tomorrow, think the big pharmacies might have...
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

So Sad about this Bulldog passing away from a bee sting. Love and Prayers to the family.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads