Anyone seen this article yet?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
OMG poor baby - he aspirated. I would be a mess. Ugh - you know I have no idea who was at fault if anyone.... but this is why I choose to do the most I can MYSELF for Tyson. I trim/dremmel his nails, I clean him, brush him, bathe him, everything. Honestly, if you don't know the breed, its just scary, when they aspirate you have to try to immediately clear their airway as fast as you can, but that doesn't always help :( I just don't trust alot of people so this is my opinion. I will pray for that sweet family. That kills me. Please give me happy news. I'm sad now.

WifeofPA

May 26, 2014
Spokane WA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Shelby, Victorian Bully and Conan, EB
The response letter is sickening. Still not taking responsibility. They claim to have followed the rules AFTER the dog was unconscience. I pray the family finds peace and takes this company to the cleaners on this!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
so incredibly sad.... poor family. Rest in Peace Bubba

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
This is terrible!! Omg I would sue the sh** out of this place and be so heartbroken. I know I took jovi to a petco to get her bathed and her nails trimmed and when I went to pick her up they were busy. I noticed a lab standing up with the leash attached to this metal thing that holds them up while they groom them. Well the person had walked away and the dog jumped down and for about 20 seconds remained hung before we were like uh hello?! And the manager was like who did this!!? And yelled at her so bad but I'm like are you kidding?!?!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I have personal experience with this. Brutus absolutely hates to have his nails clipped. I had been bringing him to Petco since he was a wee pup and he acted like a fool each time. They would put a soft muzzle on him and do the best they could. My son started refusing to bring him because the employees literally had to wrestle him to the ground to do his nails. It was bad. Finally when I saw three Petco Employees laying on him to clip his nails I pulled the plug! I never brought him back. His anxiety was through the roof and he must have been scared to death with them all on top of him. I looked around and found an experienced groomer right in my town. I went in had a conversation with him before he even touched my baby. He was a really nice man with tons of experience in all manners of grooming. I decided to give it a go. I stayed while he took Brutus in the back. He started by talking to Brutus and letting him get familiar with his surrounding and then like a miracle from god, clipped everyone of Brutus' nails without a muzzle or a football team laying on him. He brought Brutus out and I told him if I didn't see it for myself, I would never believe it. This nice man said "no problem, Brutus and I had a nice conversation and came to an understanding"! God help me, I really think they did!!! So my advice in all of this is to avoid shopping stores for grooming bullys and pay a bit more for experience. I am sure Petco and the rest of them have good intentions, but these are kids they have in these grooming positions and they really don't know any better.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
This is very unfortunate. I've used Petsmart for grooming before. Not sure about other locations; the store close to me, I see how they operate and deal with the dogs through the window. I did not see/observe anything unusual.

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I have nothing good to say about petsmart and their banfield pet hospital. we buy everything online or get our extras from local pet stores now. Will not support that corporation.

what a sad, sad story.

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
This is what I found on IG. Truly so sad. When I take Brett to the groomer I make sure I watch every little thing they do!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 145

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
So sad!! After out last bad grooming experience I think I'll just keep Belle at home and do everything myself. I would never forgive myself if something like this happened to her. I'm very upset by Petsmart's response too...typical big corporation :glare:

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
So sad :( Penny is TERRIBLE with having her nails trimmed. I had the vet do them because I thought they may have some magic way that wouldn't be as terrible. Nope. I wear her out now playing, and cut them while she's sleeping! Haha

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
So sad :( Penny is TERRIBLE with having her nails trimmed. I had the vet do them because I thought they may have some magic way that wouldn't be as terrible. Nope. I wear her out now playing, and cut them while she's sleeping! Haha

I should try that. Which nail clipper you use?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.