Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overnight boarding fears!

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Overnight boarding fears!

She will most likely be missing you a bit a first. You chose well though. When I worked for our veterinarian I would often give tours of the hospital. One of the pros of vet boarding is techs and assistants are trained to watch and observe everything. If your baby has health issues or medication needs definitely board with a veterinary facility. I also have experience as a small dog daycare attendant at a boarding facility. Pretty much any pup gets constant supervision when out of a kennel. Nothing gets left in pup reach. Toys get checked for damage and washed daily. parents can call anytime during business hours. There's cameras in the daycare rooms and many of the boarding suites. I agree that in a boarding situation potty training does tend to regress some when they are little especially.
    Having that experience, I can tell you that I only boarded my Hank one night and it was a vets office. I boarded our Bichon at the facility where he does daycare for three days last September. He did fine except for being his obnoxious self when not in daycare with his buddies. He loves daycare. Hank doesn't care for daycare at all so he doesn't go.

Bulldog Vet in Training Christie H's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
    Likes (Received)

Its completely normal or so I tell myself.My husband thinks I'm crazy because I have separation anxiety from our two.

Real Name
    Olivia
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Belle
    Likes (Received)

You're not silly...you're a totally normal bulldog owner! They are a special breed and they need special care. We are going to Disney World this summer and Belle will be boarded for 5 days. I'm SO nervous and completely dreading it. I told my husband that I was just going to put her in clothes and stick her in a stroller with the top pulled down...I was only joking...sort of
    "The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.
    ― Charles de Gaulle

Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

Definitely tour the facility where she'll be kept so that you're comfortable and make sure she will be taken out for frequent walks and playtime. I have the same fears about leaving Ruckus -- it has really hampered me taking any vacations. When I have left him with my boyfriend's parents for the weekend he had a ton of fun and was fine, but I'm still a worrywart.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads