Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Salmon oil vs fish oil gel pills????

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Salmon oil vs fish oil gel pills????

i'm coming in really late on this thread, but if anyone is put off by the price or smell of fish oil, i recommend coconut oil. I have seen wonderful improvements in butler's coat and skin once i started adding it to his meals.

@teryf, can you take pictures of her wounds? butler went through something that sounds similar. he was very itchy, and would tear apart behind his ears. they would be so bad, i felt awful. if i could keep him from itching long enough for the sores to heal, they would scab, and then the scab would fall off and he would have a black-ish scar left behind. i switched from benadryl to zyrtec and he hasn't itched since! his hair is growing back now too.

also, maybe you should switch the protein source. it's possible that fish doesn't work for her.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

I take Krill Oil pills which are supposed to be better than fish oil for some reason... don't ask my why. When HRH runs out of coconut oil I think we are going to start sharing my krill oil pills with her. The coconut oil has 120 calories per tblsp. and the krill oil pills, none. They also contain omega3. She still has a half jar of coconut oil to use up first. The name brand on the krill oil pills is MegaRed. We get it from Walmart.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I have to say, my boys used to take human fish oil pills until one day they stopped. Had taken them for years and 1 day said no more. wth? So I finally ordered the salmon oil to put over their food and Mugs still wasnt liking it so I only have been putting it on Cuttys. Well this bath time Cuttys shedding was pretty low, (he went first and usually they shed the same) Mugsy went in and his fur was coming out like normal wayyyyy more than Cuttys so I am now a firm believer in the salmon oil. Not saying the fish oil isnt as good, they had been off for so long I cant compare at all. Now Mugsy is getting his salmon oil tho for sure! For the both of them they only get 3 squirts total so it is lasting a little while, not long but not too fast either.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads