How much socialization does your bully get?

slowly

Nov 8, 2014
Country
en_Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman
Norman goes to daycare once a week. He'll also go on play dates every Sat. The rest of the days he'll be at home while the both of us are at work. We have friends over once in awhile so there's that too.

We kind of feel bad whenever we leave Norms at home by himself for long periods of time. We usually come back for lunch for a bit to let him out. Another bully/dog buddy is not feasible now and taking him to daycare more often is costly.

How much socialization does your bully get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Every day. Can't go for a walk here without running into other dogs so they're always socializing.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Wow. I feel like a bad parent, lol Haha. Tyson gets socialization with our family & friends' pets pretty much every weekend, and then who ever we encounter on our walks everyday - other that that - he is home alone, snoozing while we are both at work. He literally just sleeps all day long. Now, he is much older, so that could differ with a younger bully. I always say I feel bad leaving him alone too, but the fact is - if we are there, he'll sleep too, just next to us instead. Sounds like Norman is a popular pup!

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
Belle LOVES other people and dogs so she goes somewhere almost every day. On the weekends we take her to our local kid/dog park and during the week she goes with my husband to take the kids to school. My husband is out of work for 9 months recovering from knee surgery, so she's almost never alone. She's young so I'm making sure she gets a ton of socialization.

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Ace has Spidey our pomeranian to entertain himself. We try to do weekly visits to pet stores to get him out. I walk him daily around the neighborhood, but there are not too many people around. Considering he doesn't get too much socialization with other people besides my family and I, it surprises me that he will wag his whole body to any stranger and go with them. Sometimes I think he's too timid, lol.

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Since it's winter and has been about 5 degrees here, we have not taken Jovi for walks... however we have people over every week and she LOVES them. As for dogs she probably sees another dog (during this winter) about once a month to play with. We have dogs next door behind the fence they they usually run across the fend with eachother. We have puppy play dates sometimes... It's just really hard with this weather, but once it gets nicer she is ALWAYS hanging out with other dogs. Being that we have a fenced back yard and tons of friends with dogs they all bring them over for dog parties lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
since Lambeau just finished his shots -- this is something we are just beginning to do with him. Lowes', Petsmart and Petco so far this past weekend. Next is Puppy classes

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
In the beginning we took frank everywhere we safely could, plus did a puppy class. I wanted to introduce him to people of all shapes, sizes, races, genders, everything! We work opposite schedules so someone is almost always home with him, but my boyfriend is working on his masters and is doing homework often so we do take him to daycare 2-3x a week. Other than that he gets walks daily. I've not been back to the dog park in a while, too many unpredictable dogs/owners there.

It's a pipe dream of mine to have him certified as a therapy dog one day so we can visit old folks homes. Not sure if it will ever happen but it's a goal to work toward :)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea has a fur sister that she plays with everyday. On the weekends i take her to PetSmart and she gets all kinds of lovin.

Tracy361

Oct 13, 2014
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Remy
We take Remy out as much as possible. If i could, i would take her everwhere w me!
We do daily walks around the neighborhood and somewhere new every other day. She goes to petsmart or petco often, usually once a week. We'll also have friends and family over or we would go over to their house. So she's usually out and about doing something.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus and Frankie have each other to play with plus two lab sisters. We also have friends with dogs so we take them for play dates. We also go to petco and bulldog events so they get lots of socialization. we tend to take Frankie more than Brutus because Brutus can only take so much and then he turns into a pain because he wants to go home.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Bella goes everywhere with us she is allowed to be otherwise she has a black lab sister she plays with on pretty days. :p

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Bella gets a lot of people socialization, as she goes to our vet's doggie daycare 4 days a week. (The staff interacts with her, but they don't let the dogs mingle.) We also go to puppy class once a week. She needs to be around more dogs, though, because she goes absolutely berserk when we see dogs outside. Over the weekend, I took her to a bulldog meetup and she was running around like a crazed pup. It was awesome! She was running around with the big bullies and all of the other dogs (labs, huskies, etc). She had so much fun. I'm definitely going to get her out for more dog socialization. She needs that. I really enjoyed watching my little girl run around with all of the other dogs. Everyone at the dog park loved her; they all said that she has such a sweet disposition. (Proud bully mama here! :blush:)

She's just so loveable.

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Izzy is almost 3 years old and she get the same amount as yours. Day care is too costly so I take her 1-2x max per week (more 1x per week) and on the weekends I will take her at least 1x to a big dog park (if the weather allows). Other than that I will walk her 3x day (in my apartment complex where sometimes we see other pups). But that's pretty much it... we tend to do more things in the summer time but now its cold, raining all the time so it limits our activities.

She does sleeps all day.... I even installed a camera at home to watch her activities until I realized she sleeps until 4pm!

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
BTW I did socialize Izzy ALOT as a puppy! Vet told me it was very important to expose her to different people and situations....

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.