New neighbors...

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
Our new neighbors just moved in last week, and they have 3 kids :) my bullies just love, love, LOVE kids so I went over to say hello and brought the crew along. While they were playing the little girl comes over looking really sad and says, "we had a boxer.... It stayed outside all the time, and when it got real cold its heart stopped. It froze stiff....." She looked up at me and I had tears in my eyes. I'm such a softy for kids and animals (double wammy!) And said, "baby, any time you want to play with my puppies they will be here and don't you worry about their little hearts, they already love you too much to freeze."
Shew! I held my babies super close that night, and thought of all those dogs that aren't as fortunate, that didn't make it thru the very cold winter we had. It's so sad that just bringing your pet inside, OR letting them in a storage building and turning on a heater, or a 10 million candle power light could save so many pets lives. [emoji17]

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
How sad that this Precious Boxer had to die like that, why do humans do this to their pets, if it is too cold for us outside, it is too cold for our beloved pets. That little girl will remember that all of her life about her Boxer freezing to death.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
What a terrible story. The poor baby that froze to death, and the poor baby that will be effected by it for the rest of her life!! I wouldn't let them near my dogs with a 10ft pole!

OP
CrazyDogMom

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
What a terrible story. The poor baby that froze to death, and the poor baby that will be effected by it for the rest of her life!! I wouldn't let them near my dogs with a 10ft pole!
The pups were outside playing yesterday and the kids dad came over and asked if they could take Angel to the grocery store with them. I was like uhmmmmm. No. *confused face* who does that? We're watching our puppies like hawks, well more than a hawk since they were grabbed from our yard, whatever that would be, and locking up everything we own.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
The pups were outside playing yesterday and the kids dad came over and asked if they could take Angel to the grocery store with them. I was like uhmmmmm. No. *confused face* who does that? We're watching our puppies like hawks, well more than a hawk since they were grabbed from our yard, whatever that would be, and locking up everything we own.

wow that is weird! so he let his boxer freeze to death and wants to take yours shopping? He cant be serious!

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh no! I would never ever let them out unsupervised!! They seem so shady to me. Who does stuff like that?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
The place we're in the middle of buying has an HOA. They don't allow dogs left outside over night, or outside at all if the owners aren't home. At first, that put me off- like who are you to tell me what I can do on my own property. But the more I think about it, the more I like it.

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The place we're in the middle of buying has an HOA. They don't allow dogs left outside over night, or outside at all if the owners aren't home. At first, that put me off- like who are you to tell me what I can do on my own property. But the more I think about it, the more I like it.
I wouldn't either. Really, why would a dog be outside overnight or outside unsupervised?? I panic if I can't see them in the yard! I think rules like that saves everyone the trouble of having to mind their neighbors business.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Beware of neighbor. I have no use for anyone who would leave their dog outside to freeze to death,never mind exposing children to that horror. That's how they grow up
thinking "Oh, it's just a dog..." Your dogs may love kids, and so do you, but I agree with everyone's above comments. Just watch-before long you will see another "victim" chained up in their yard. I wouldn't encourage too much interaction with them.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

WHAT???!!! Hell to the freakin NO! I have no words to describe that -- how do you ask a person you just met to let me take your dog ??? :stinkeye: stay away -- they worry me

OP
CrazyDogMom

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Beware of neighbor. I have no use for anyone who would leave their dog outside to freeze to death,never mind exposing children to that horror. That's how they grow up
thinking "Oh, it's just a dog..." Your dogs may love kids, and so do you, but I agree with everyone's above comments. Just watch-before long you will see another "victim" chained up in their yard. I wouldn't encourage too much interaction with them.
*sigh* I know. They're renting, so hopefully the person they're renting from doesn't allow pets....if I can get in touch with the owner I'm going to tell him about the little girl's story. Maybe if they DO allow pets, he may change his mind.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Thats so very sad!! and that poor little kid...:fie:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.