Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Beware of neighbor. I have no use for anyone who would leave their dog outside to freeze to death,never mind exposing children to that horror. That's how they grow up
thinking "Oh, it's just a dog..." Your dogs may love kids, and so do you, but I agree with everyone's above comments. Just watch-before long you will see another "victim" chained up in their yard. I wouldn't encourage too much interaction with them.

It is unfortunate that far too often, people treat their dogs like property so they leave them outside exposed to the elements and then wonder why they froze to death.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
The pups were outside playing yesterday and the kids dad came over and asked if they could take Angel to the grocery store with them. I was like uhmmmmm. No. *confused face* who does that? We're watching our puppies like hawks, well more than a hawk since they were grabbed from our yard, whatever that would be, and locking up everything we own.

wow, nonchalantly, really. So many variable and awful things could happen under your own watch. Not going to happen.:no:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I wouldn't either. Really, why would a dog be outside overnight or outside unsupervised?? I panic if I can't see them in the yard! I think rules like that saves everyone the trouble of having to mind their neighbors business.

You're right. And no one can complain about their neighbors dogs for any reason.

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Oh heck no! That is pure cruelty. Even if I could try to make sense of that situation, there is no excuse of leaving any animal in extreme conditions. Unless in a temperature controlled kennel, I don't understand why someone would leave their fur babies out in striking heat or cold weather conditions. I recently visited our local animal shelter, and it was such as a sad thing to see. I wanted to adopt them all :(. Losing my 2 babies for less than a week opened my eyes. Now I am on the lookout for any animal that is on the loose. I am part of a local Facebook community that helps spread the word on lost or strayed animals in our area. I don't know if I could foster them cause I would keep all of them, lol.

Guard your babies closely. I understand the children might want to play with them, but make sure the neighbor understands that your babies are like humans, and that you guard them with your life. This way, he won't be tempted to ask dumb questions in the future.

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Maybe he wanted to try the other side of the extremes, see if he could leave the dog in a hot car with the windows up while he shopped.

I don't know what the right word for them might be (careless an ignorant cone to mind, but do no justice) but I would bolt down the lawn furniture and keep an eye on the neighbors.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Your new neighbours would scare me to death! I would not trust them at all. How can you not bring a dog in from the cold (or heat)?

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Oh my, this breaks my heart! That is so sad to hear. Some people just are not fit to be pet owners.... and to tell your daughter how the dog died, and she says it like that must have really traumatized her. Oh poor girl, I want to hug her :(

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
WHAT???!!! Hell to the freakin NO! I have no words to describe that -- how do you ask a person you just met to let me take your dog ??? :stinkeye: stay away -- they worry me

Christine is dead on. When we got the boys we went to a new security system and deadlocks. Brandi considering what you have been through remember nice guys finish last. Heck no. East Tennessee they might of made up the poor me story. If the boys ever have to stay overnight at the vets I putting in a cot. Of course Weesie will be sleeping on it. Don't get too friendly.

OP
CrazyDogMom

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
Christine is dead on. When we got the boys we went to a new security system and deadlocks. Brandi considering what you have been through remember nice guys finish last. Heck no. East Tennessee they might of made up the poor me story. If the boys ever have to stay overnight at the vets I putting in a cot. Of course Weesie will be sleeping on it. Don't get too friendly.
I completely agree! We have been neighborless for so long I was excited to have someone next door that wasn't in their 70's to talk to, and they're extreme redneck crazy people. *sigh* we've been locking our cars (yeah, we used to leave them unlocked all. the. time no wallets or keys in the cars though), we replaced our junk door on our building with the mower and all my husband's man supplies lol, and no more emergency key everything of any value is locked up. =/

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I completely agree! We have been neighborless for so long I was excited to have someone next door that wasn't in their 70's to talk to, and they're extreme redneck crazy people. *sigh* we've been locking our cars (yeah, we used to leave them unlocked all. the. time no wallets or keys in the cars though), we replaced our junk door on our building with the mower and all my husband's man supplies lol, and no more emergency key everything of any value is locked up. =/

CRAP... that sucks! But better to be safe.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
oh hell to the NO. I just read this thread. Are people really serious? You should ask to borrow one of their kids. See what they say, but from what you've said - they may actually let you - cray cray. Even though we live in TX, we're both born & raised in NY - so we don't take security lightly. We have an extensive alarm, with cameras, and like a true Texan (guns) etc. No one is messing with us or my bully.

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Oh no the poor boxer stuff like this infuriates me!! I always wonder why people bother having dogs if their just going to leave them outside all time! Why not bring the poor little thing in and let it sleep in the kitchen! Some people shouldn't be allowed pets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions