Meeting a new EB owner at PetSmart!

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
I met a brand-new EB parent at PetSmart while buying my monsters new harnesses! He looked very overwhelmed looking at food, so I told him about different foods, what I fed my puppies (pushing Fromm's! Haha) my husband came around the corner pushing our buggy full of wrinkles, and his jaw hit the floor when I told him our pups were 4 and 4 1/2 months old. Haha! He was cuddling his baby in one arm, and I said, "give it a month, you won't be able to hold him like that! Lol"
I was so excited to meet a new EB parent!

There's always one in a crowd that ruins the fun, but it's getting easier to deal with negative comments. A lady hit my hubby with the, "Those dogs have so many health problems. How much have you had to spend at the vet? I had one and gave it away, we were always at the vet." He's a softy, and just looked confused, and turned around to look at me like whaaa? I told her "We thank God every day that our puppies are healthy and don't have any chronic problems."

When we left I told my hubby, "I'm so thankful for EBN! Without the forum, we might end up like that lady, broke and grouchy! It's so great to have a searchable encyclopedia of bulldog conditions, and a supportive community to help when we need it. I can't imagine what our bulldog ownership lives would be like without it!"
[emoji3]

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I generally don't get rude comments. Think they've been something like 3 or 4, in the last two years. Or maybe I just don't notice. I have a tendency to tune out people when I think it's going somewhere I don't want it to.

This is a great forum with lots of support. I've taken the advice of experienced members here and it has definitely made a difference- there's a ton of info. available.

But I'm also the broke, grouchy lady because my boys do have health problems that I can only control for short periods. But I guess that's part of having any dog. You take the good with the bad.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I generally don't get rude comments. Think they've been something like 3 or 4, in the last two years. Or maybe I just don't notice. I have a tendency to tune out people when I think it's going somewhere I don't want it to.

This is a great forum with lots of support. I've taken the advice of experienced members here and it has definitely made a difference- there's a ton of info. available.

But I'm also the broke, grouchy lady because my boys do have health problems that I can only control for short periods. But I guess that's part of having any dog. You take the good with the bad.
Ellie, I don't get many rude comments either, but I credit it to my NY face! I have been known to cut someone off at the knees with a look or very few words. Maybe you have the same condition??? lol Now, don't get me wrong, I am also the same person chasing after cute EB's or Pitbulls in Petco or giving advice but I don't suffer stupidity well.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Ellie, I don't get many rude comments either, but I credit it to my NY face! I have been known to cut someone off at the knees with a look or very few words. Maybe you have the same condition??? lol Now, don't get me wrong, I am also the same person chasing after cute EB's or Pitbulls in Petco or giving advice but I don't suffer stupidity well.

lol.. NY face. Is it anything like "Resting B!!ch Face?" lol..

OP
CrazyDogMom

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
lol.. NY face. Is it anything like "Resting B!!ch Face?" lol..
Lmao! Apparently I do not suffer from this affliction...my hubby intimidates men all the time (he's 6'1 310lbs of muscle), but it's the women that always have the smarty comments!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good for you... I am like Rosalie -- I am the nutty chick running up to ask to pet a Bulldog, Pitty or Frenchie that might e in the store. I've had my share of rude questions over the years and I always respond with -- 'they are still cheaper than college tuition'

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
I don't understand the negativity of some people. Then again, it can happen with many other breeds. I've heard of "I don't like chihuahuas cause they are mean, always cold, and shaking. Same with pit bulls, "oh, they are mean dogs and they lock their jaws".. pffff..... I always educate them. First response I normally use is: I didn't get him from a back yard breeder. I made sure I searched blood lines and did my research before buying my baby". Not that this will guarantee perfect health, but it helps that legit breeders are breeding healthy pups :). Educate educate educate:D

Oh, and about this forum, all I can say its absolutely the best. All my questions have been answered, and it's usually within minutes! Thanks to everyone.

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
I surprisingly see a lot of bulldog owners. Actually down the road a lady has two, and then the house behind her has one. It's crazy! I absolutely love running into any bulldog and it's owner. It;s like if somebody walks by with a lab, or a beagle or any other breed they're like "aww cute" and keep going. But if you have a BULLDOG (awesome people have bulldogs) you stop and all you talk about is their crazy antics and personality. I love, love bulldog owners :p

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
I don't understand the negativity of some people. Then again, it can happen with many other breeds. I've heard of "I don't like chihuahuas cause they are mean, always cold, and shaking. Same with pit bulls, "oh, they are mean dogs and they lock their jaws".. pffff..... I always educate them. First response I normally use is: I didn't get him from a back yard breeder. I made sure I searched blood lines and did my research before buying my baby". Not that this will guarantee perfect health, but it helps that legit breeders are breeding healthy pups :). Educate educate educate:D

Oh, and about this forum, all I can say its absolutely the best. All my questions have been answered, and it's usually within minutes! Thanks to everyone.

I KNOW! Actually all the time I get "I hope you got her from a rescue and not support backyard breeders." It's like no, I did not. But yes, she was bred and I paid for her. And I am happy I did every day of my life.

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
The last time we took the boys to PetSmart Rogan and I were in one isle and Weesie was coming around the corner with Emmitt. A lady said I thought you are so ugly he is cute. I said thank you and Weesie said not you Dumbass the dog. It went from a compliment to me and Weesie thought she was rude. The bottom line was cute so I was good. We then went one isle and got you have to be rich to have Bulldogs. I said Yes. You are correct. We are rich. Idiot...

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
The last time we took the boys to PetSmart Rogan and I were in one isle and Weesie was coming around the corner with Emmitt. A lady said I thought you are so ugly he is cute. I said thank you and Weesie said not you Dumbass the dog. It went from a compliment to me and Weesie thought she was rude. The bottom line was cute so I was good. We then went one isle and got you have to be rich to have Bulldogs. I said Yes. You are correct. We are rich. Idiot...

sounds like you need a new petsmart :laugh:

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter

ok, I am totally entertained by this.:LMAO:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I rarely get any negative comments and try to be helpful to anyone I run in to at pet stores. Then again I am usually wearing something Marine Corps related so people tend to think I am some psycho killer and steer clear of me anyhow. When I am not wearing it then I will get a idiotic comment every now and then.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.