Thread: Pet sitting

Bulldog Vet in Training 2bulldogsstuff's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Logan and Brett
    Likes (Received)

Default Pet sitting

Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone used PetSmart pet sitting? I have to do something for more than 4-5 hours and I don't want to leave Brett alone. How much do they charge? They don't have big dogs and small dogs play together correct? I'm so worried having someone else's watch over him. Thanks

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Pet sitting

How old is your puppy? When Lola would stop getting up from her naps for lunchtime breaks, we stopped going home in the middle of the day from work. Lola can go 4-5 hours alone easily. But she earned free roam of the house from being crate trained so we know she would never chew on something dangerous etc.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Logan and Brett
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by aprilemari View Post
    How old is your puppy? When Lola would stop getting up from her naps for lunchtime breaks, we stopped going home in the middle of the day from work. Lola can go 4-5 hours alone easily. But she earned free roam of the house from being crate trained so we know she would never chew on something dangerous etc.
    17 weeks old. That's the thing he can be left alone for 4 hours in his kennel I still gotta let him get used to roaming around he's still very curious about everything and I'm worried he might chewed on wires etc.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

yep, Lola was crated when left alone at that age. We lived away from family, so my husband and i had to work out most dog sitting between the two of us. You will only ever know about your own petsmart by trying it out, perhaps visiting when you don't have to leave Brett there for too long, and watching how he is treated and whether a bulldogs needs/requirements are met. I think every daycare is probably only as good as their caretakers. In my opinion, I'd much rather have Lola stay at home and sleep while we are out, but I'm a control freak (DH confirms).

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by USCgirl81 View Post
    17 weeks old. That's the thing he can be left alone for 4 hours in his kennel I still gotta let him get used to roaming around he's still very curious about everything and I'm worried he might chewed on wires etc.

have you looked online for a local person that does home visits? We found one via Facebook -- we have a community page for our neighborhood and she was recommended by two other neighbors -- wow, we hit the jackpot with her. Give it a try
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone used PetSmart pet sitting? I have to do something for more than 4-5 hours and I don't want to leave Brett alone. How much do they charge? They don't have big dogs and small dogs play together correct? I'm so worried having someone else's watch over him. Thanks

are you in LA or OC, Petsmart is good but they require that your pet be neutered otherwise, they will not take him. If you are close to OC, camp bow wow is a good day care. They will accept un neutered males up to 7 mos. old. (puppy). You also have the option to watch him interact on your smart phone.
    Hug your bully today

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Logan and Brett
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by harveyspecter View Post
    are you in LA or OC, Petsmart is good but they require that your pet be neutered otherwise, they will not take him. If you are close to OC, camp bow wow is a good day care. They will accept un neutered males up to 7 mos. old. (puppy). You also have the option to watch him interact on your smart phone.
    Thanks. Know any good place near LAX?

Real Name
    Holly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda (Tilly)
    Likes (Received)

I personally wouldn't use a Petsmart for boarding. There tends to be a lot of dogs and I just don't think they really pay attention to all of them.

I've also used Camp Bow Wow many times, and while Matilda looooved it, they also had the issue of WAY too many dogs. Matilda came back with playtime injuries and kennel cough all the time. It also didn't look like they really cleaned her wrinkles or anything, although I'd leave detailed instructions.

I live out in the valley and we now use PetRock Hotel in Encino! They are awesome. Not very many dogs, and the staff will text you pics/videos at your request! I left Til there for 3 weeks when I was out of the country (which was devastating for me!). She had A BLAST. And she came back with no kennel cough, no injuries, and her skin and wrinkles looked great!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Logan and Brett
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by aprilemari View Post
    Ive ves decided to leave her at home too than bringing him to PetSmart. Just made sure that nothing dangerous was on the floor. I got home and he did great!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg  

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Ive ves decided to leave her at home too than bringing him to PetSmart. Just made sure that nothing dangerous was on the floor. I got home and he did great!
    Sometimes they are big kids and keep Mom and Dad's happy
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Dog Park Attendant
    Real Name
    Madie (Maydee)
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

I personally would not use petsmart. I've observed their dog day care and it just didn't seem like the dogs were given a lot of attention. There are several places in my city where the dogs are allowed free roam and play all day and you can watch them on the webcam. They will do a temperament test with your dog and put him with other dogs who have the same play style (frank always ends up with lots of pit bulls ) and there are always staff members present in case someone gets too excited. I'm sure there are places like that in your area too? Heck, this once place near us even offers a treat of $15 grilled chicken breast

Doggie Boutique Owner MissWaddles13's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

A close friend or family member? I left Pork Chop with my uncle for a few hours and she won his heart!

Remove Ads