Pet sitting

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone used PetSmart pet sitting? I have to do something for more than 4-5 hours and I don't want to leave Brett alone. How much do they charge? They don't have big dogs and small dogs play together correct? I'm so worried having someone else's watch over him. Thanks

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
How old is your puppy? When Lola would stop getting up from her naps for lunchtime breaks, we stopped going home in the middle of the day from work. Lola can go 4-5 hours alone easily. But she earned free roam of the house from being crate trained so we know she would never chew on something dangerous etc.

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
How old is your puppy? When Lola would stop getting up from her naps for lunchtime breaks, we stopped going home in the middle of the day from work. Lola can go 4-5 hours alone easily. But she earned free roam of the house from being crate trained so we know she would never chew on something dangerous etc.

17 weeks old. That's the thing he can be left alone for 4 hours in his kennel I still gotta let him get used to roaming around he's still very curious about everything and I'm worried he might chewed on wires etc.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
yep, Lola was crated when left alone at that age. We lived away from family, so my husband and i had to work out most dog sitting between the two of us. You will only ever know about your own petsmart by trying it out, perhaps visiting when you don't have to leave Brett there for too long, and watching how he is treated and whether a bulldogs needs/requirements are met. I think every daycare is probably only as good as their caretakers. In my opinion, I'd much rather have Lola stay at home and sleep while we are out, but I'm a control freak (DH confirms).

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
17 weeks old. That's the thing he can be left alone for 4 hours in his kennel I still gotta let him get used to roaming around he's still very curious about everything and I'm worried he might chewed on wires etc.

have you looked online for a local person that does home visits? We found one via Facebook -- we have a community page for our neighborhood and she was recommended by two other neighbors -- wow, we hit the jackpot with her. Give it a try

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone used PetSmart pet sitting? I have to do something for more than 4-5 hours and I don't want to leave Brett alone. How much do they charge? They don't have big dogs and small dogs play together correct? I'm so worried having someone else's watch over him. Thanks

are you in LA or OC, Petsmart is good but they require that your pet be neutered otherwise, they will not take him. If you are close to OC, camp bow wow is a good day care. They will accept un neutered males up to 7 mos. old. (puppy). You also have the option to watch him interact on your smart phone.

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
are you in LA or OC, Petsmart is good but they require that your pet be neutered otherwise, they will not take him. If you are close to OC, camp bow wow is a good day care. They will accept un neutered males up to 7 mos. old. (puppy). You also have the option to watch him interact on your smart phone.

Thanks. Know any good place near LAX?

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
I personally wouldn't use a Petsmart for boarding. There tends to be a lot of dogs and I just don't think they really pay attention to all of them.

I've also used Camp Bow Wow many times, and while Matilda looooved it, they also had the issue of WAY too many dogs. Matilda came back with playtime injuries and kennel cough all the time. It also didn't look like they really cleaned her wrinkles or anything, although I'd leave detailed instructions.

I live out in the valley and we now use PetRock Hotel in Encino! They are awesome. Not very many dogs, and the staff will text you pics/videos at your request! I left Til there for 3 weeks when I was out of the country (which was devastating for me!). She had A BLAST. And she came back with no kennel cough, no injuries, and her skin and wrinkles looked great!

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Ive ves decided to leave her at home too than bringing him to PetSmart. Just made sure that nothing dangerous was on the floor. I got home and he did great!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 128

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ive ves decided to leave her at home too than bringing him to PetSmart. Just made sure that nothing dangerous was on the floor. I got home and he did great!

Sometimes they are big kids and keep Mom and Dad's happy :)

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I personally would not use petsmart. I've observed their dog day care and it just didn't seem like the dogs were given a lot of attention. There are several places in my city where the dogs are allowed free roam and play all day and you can watch them on the webcam. They will do a temperament test with your dog and put him with other dogs who have the same play style (frank always ends up with lots of pit bulls :) ) and there are always staff members present in case someone gets too excited. I'm sure there are places like that in your area too? Heck, this once place near us even offers a treat of $15 grilled chicken breast :rolleyes:

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
A close friend or family member? I left Pork Chop with my uncle for a few hours and she won his heart!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.