Puppy color question

Josethegreat

Mar 5, 2015
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
penny
Ok I need help and advice I'm trying to post a question to the whole community but I am finding it difficult so any who hopefully someone can help me out! I am not an ebd owner yet and I have been planning on bringing one into our family for months and I have recently found on only thing is that there is something bugging me about her and I need some advice. We found a puppy and she is sired by a tri color blue carrier and the dam is just a white and fawn so the puppy is beautiful has brownish blackish fur white face and I just noticed she has blue eyes one very bright blue the other one looks blue also but not as light is this something I should be worried about?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Blue eyes are more unusual in dogs,the most common having blue eyes are Siberian Huskies. I don't think blue eyes would be allowed in a show dog,perhaps someone more knowledgeable can answer that. If you love your pup, all should be well. I have seen a few EBD's with blue eyes.

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
I wouldnt be worried about the blue eyes unless you are trying to show the dog. We had a lab with blue eyes and she was not allowed in the ring at shows due to it. Damn those show standards....

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=13834]Josethegreat[/MENTION], I saw your post on forum rules so wanted to help you find your thread. You can always find your posts and threads under the "my account" drop down menu.

As for your pup, I don't think eye color is a concern. However I'm not a fan of breeding for rare traits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Josethegreat

Josethegreat

Mar 5, 2015
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
penny
Thank you I'm not breeding any Bulldogs im just buyin one and my wife fell in love with that puppy when we first saw her 2 weeks ago and when we went last week we barely noticed that day that her eye was very light blue she And some one had told me that related to blindness and deafness but we are bringing her home 3 weeks from today I can't wait thank you !

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=13834]Josethegreat[/MENTION] Blue eyed white cats many times are deaf, and blue eyed white dalmations.

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
I have 2 white EB puppies, one with green eyes, one with very dark blue and they are healthy happy pups. Suprisingly, my white red/brindle pup is deaf, but it doesn't slow her down. The very crude test we did, before taking her to the vet, was just squeaking a squeaker toy behind her, she didn't acknowledge it at all.
Good luck! Owning an English Bulldog is the most amazing feeling :) their puppy lovin's are the sweetest!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm really no fan of so called rare colours. There are allready a lot of colour variation in bulldogs without them. Also the ones who breed them should really know what they're doing, since blue eyes and these "rare" colours can have so called merle-gene in them and if you put two together that have it, you could end up with deaf and blind or/and otherwise defected puppys. And for this lottery they ask for ridiculous prices.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
The problem with breeding for rare colors is that the breeder is generally doing it to make more money.

They are not breeding to standard, nor for the betterment of the breed which is what every responsible breeder wants, to make the breed better, healthier.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I have never seen anybody who is breeding these rare colours advertise that they have tested for anything other than colour. How about hips, elbows, knees, trachea, HUU....

The problem with breeding for rare colors is that the breeder is generally doing it to make more money.

They are not breeding to standard, nor for the betterment of the breed which is what every responsible breeder wants, to make the breed better, healthier.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I have never seen anybody who is breeding these rare colours advertise that they have tested for anything other than colour. How about hips, elbows, knees, trachea, HUU....

yup! you know how i feel about health testing too.
the rare color breeder is becoming more and more common here though:down:.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online