speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Hi All, it's been a while since I have been on here and a lot of things have happened, unfortunately none of it good. However, I am keeping the faith and I pray every day, all day, that the Lord will see me through all of the horrible events going on in my life. This current decision is just another horrible situation in the many that have been going on in my life. Every time I think things can't get worse they do. Through all of this Tubs has been the only one who has stuck by my side and has been able to make me smile, but I think that is going to come to an end.

In in my other posts I mentioned what an awesome dog Tubs is. He is AKC registered, a certified AKC puppy, a certified KGC and a certified therapy dog. He is such a sweet baby boy and he is my rock right now. He makes me smile when all I want to do is cry. There have been choices I had to make where some options would have resulted in me giving him up. The decisions I have made may not have been the easiest ones, but they allowed for me the opportunity to keep Tubs in my life.

Tubs is technically my daughter's dog. She begged for a bulldog when she was 10. However, as with most children, the responsibilities of taking care of Tubs fell on my shoulders. That resulted in Tubs being a big momma's boy. He runs to greet me everytime I come home from work and he follows me around the house like my little tail. He makes me smile when he takes all of his toys out of his toy box and spreads them all around the house. He is so good with everyone and is wonderful with little kids. However, there is one person he is not good with and that would be my daughter.

I don't know what the problem is. She tries to be nice to him by playing with him and scratching his backside and petting him, but he is nasty with her. He growls at her and he has bitten her 3 times. I don't understand why she is the only one that he does this to. We have done everything we can think of to remediate this behavior including take them both back to the trainer to seek professional help. She is 15 now and she has voiced being upset that I haven't gotten rid of him.

My daughter and her father (we are not together) have created one of the horrible situations in which I am going through right now. She had a teenage temper tantrum because she didn't like the fact that mom has rules and she went running to her dads house. I am in a custody battle to get her back, so she isn't with me full time right now. Her dad is only fighting this because he wants me to pay him child support, where I am worried about her wellbeing and her future. This is only one horribleone situation is which Tubs has been my rock.

Last night my daughter was with me. We were watching TV where my daughter was laying on the couch. Tubs walked over to her and seemed to be fine. She started petting him and scratching his backside. He began to growl while she was doing this. Then he turned around and faced her while continuing to growl. Then all of a sudden he lunged at her and tried to attack her. If he actually succeeded he would have bit her right in the face.

I don't know why he does this and only does this to her, but I am at a loss. The only thing I know is that I can't keep letting this happen. So, I have come to the difficult decision and that is that I will have to give him up. It breaks my heart because he is my baby boy and he is a momma's boy to the point he has separation anxiety when it comes to leaving my side. The situations that I keep getting thrown at me include this one where I feel that I need to choose between my daughter and my baby boy.

i guess I am looking for assistance in finding Tubs a new home. I don't want to do this or think of this nor do I know how to go about doing this. If anyone can help me with this difficult decision I would be very grateful. I have all of his paperwork and medical records. He is up to date on his shots and he also has plenty of toys and blankets.

Thank you all.
Tubs' as' heart broken mommy........Jen

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
I can't be of any assistance in relocating your bully but I do feel your pain. I recently posted about the same situation. We have a male and female bully. They are the sweetest dogs but our female and our 12 year old daughter have issues. When we aren't home everything is fine but if my husband or I are in the room Lola will attack our daughter and bite her. We have narrowed it down to a dominance issue but have yet to be able to correct it. It has caused many issues in the home. Very heartbreaking. We have a behaviorist coming in on Spring Break to try and work with us in our home. My bullies are also big mama sucks so of course I'm very attached to all parties involved whether they are my skin or fur babies. Sorry I couldn't be of any help but know your not alone.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I am so sorry to hear you are going through this. Perhaps Tubs feels threatened by your daughter? like he doesn't want to share you? Have you tried to hire a professional to come to the house and do an eval? I really hope you can find another solution as it sounds like this will really break your heart. Good luck

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh Jen, I'm sending you loving hugs right now, hearing the heartbreak
and pain in your words makes me cry for how much you are suffering.
I am so sorry and please know, I truly will pray your circumstances do
change, all of them to your benefit.

Having done all you can to resolve this issue with Tubby & your daughter,
you've done the brave & unselfish act of rehoming him. Praying too, that
one of our kind & generous members has a loving, forever home to offer!

You have my utmost respect & admiration, dear Jen. I've had to rehome
due to unfortunate circumstances, it takes strength & resolve but most of
all, love for another MORE than yourself. GOD will bless your pure act of
love and HE will provide all you need to persevere and HE is with you and
for you! Sending loving hugs & praying right now <3

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so very sorry to hear about your situation… I agree w/others it almost sounds like he is jealous of your daughter. I would advise seeking a good behaviorist to see if they issue can be resolved, if not then I agree you need to re-home him. I wish you luck, I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you and your family :(

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh Jen, I'm sending you loving hugs right now, hearing the heartbreak
and pain in your words makes me cry for how much you are suffering.
I am so sorry and please know, I truly will pray your circumstances do
change, all of them to your benefit.

Having done all you can to resolve this issue with Tubby & your daughter,
you've done the brave & unselfish act of rehoming him. Praying too, that
one of our kind & generous members has a loving, forever home to offer!

You have my utmost respect & admiration, dear Jen. I've had to rehome
due to unfortunate circumstances, it takes strength & resolve but most of
all, love for another MORE than yourself. GOD will bless your pure act of
love and HE will provide all you need to persevere and HE is with you and
for you! Sending loving hugs & praying right now <3

Very well said Carol, I pray for you Jen, that whatever does happen, it will be a blessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Jen - I wish I could say it is good to see you posting, but the reason is so heart-breaking. I agree, it sounds like Tubs is reacting to your daughter and it may be he senses her struggles with you and is trying to protect you from it. An in home behaviorial eval is a good idea, but if re-home is the road you need to take. I tagged a member that is looking for a new bully since losing her baby last month.

many hugs and prayers to you --

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sorry you have to re-home him, and I hope he finds a loving fur-ever home soon.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so sorry this is happening Jen, I can only imagine how heart breaking this is for you. I hope you can find a way to retrain him and keep him, but if you can't I hope you find a loving home for Tubs.

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
I'm so sorry to hear that your going though this right now.
Have you thought about using a certified veterinary behaviorist to help with this?
If you have any colleges of veterinary medicine in your area I would call them and see if they offer any type of service like this as a start and if not just google K9 behaviorist in your area.
I do hope it can be worked out for all.

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
Could you find someone to foster him while you figure out how to fix his issue and get your other things in order? I feel horrible for you. I can feel your pain in your words. I hope you get a break soon, it sounds like you need one. If it were me, I would have to ask someone to babysit for a while. Weeks, months, whatever. It may not be an option for you . I don't know all of your situation and I am so sorry things are crappy. I can relate to crappy. Sending lots of love your way.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
[MENTION=1863]speechmom53[/MENTION], How are you doing today? I am thinking about you

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
I'm very sorry to hear you are looking into rehoming your fur baby Tubs. I will be hopeful that you find a solution and tubs is able to get along with your daughter so you can all live happily.

Does your daughter have her tantrums in front of Tubs? This could easily set him off as far as protection and dominance goes.

I've had a trainer out a few times to work with our boy Boris cause he is very aggressive with my girlfriend and he stated that it's all in the energy between her and the dog. I've been working with her to be more at ease around him and actually enforcing rules. She also needed to become part of his routine as I was the only one letting him out and feeding him therefor he respects me so much more.

I wish you and your family the best!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.