madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I'm hoping to pick up some more tips!

What are some of the things you do daily for your pups? I was looking at frank's slew of products on the table and felt like a crazy person! I never knew I would get so involved with a dog! I knew bulldogs were a high maintenance breed but sometimes I feel like a crazy dog mom :) Especially when I have friends over and they laugh about me wiping his butt or helping him off the couch!

frank is in *okay* health right now, better than he's been in months, so our regimen is shorter than usual. I will usually do an overall body check and see how he's doing. then wipe his 4 face wrinkles with a maleceb pad, then dry and powder the 'problem wrinkle' as I call it. the one I can never seem to keep dry! I also wipe the chin after every meal since he's prone to breakouts.

I do a capful of apple cider vin each day in his water. and dog smog as needed when he's been farting a lot. I use vitacoat plus at night, and just started giving yogurt at night as well so I'm hoping that eliminates the need for the dog smog. I wipe his ears and paws daily with various wipes. wipe the booty after every #2 bathroom break. and we use an ear cleaner once a week since he is prone to ear infections.

my boyfriend will try to get in a solid couple play sessions and I will do a 20 minute walk.

oh yeah, can't forget our daily snuggle session!
dvmtf4.jpg

hmmmm... WHAT ELSE!! haha :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG... that picture is perfect! so cute

I do a lot of the same... paws, butt, wrinkles and at least check the ears everyday. help off couch and bed and I bought a mini-van to make it easier on them getting in and out of the car :D

bubs0604

Sep 9, 2012
fairfield ca
Country
U.S.A
Bulldog(s) Names
Armstrong
I wipe Armstrongs butt daily lol well his tail pocket. Its constantly infected and stinks from the yeast. Clean his eyes daily. Thankfully that's it so far. Has been this way since he's been about 1 and hes 4 almost 5 now so super healthy for a Bulldog. And of course snuggle time nightly!! I wake to either myself spooing him or him spooning me. Oh yes he spoons me i have pics to prove it! Lmao

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
Being a Crazy Dog Mom isn't so bad....haha :)
I do a lot of the same with my gaggle of puppies. I haven't started the Apple Cider Vinegar because they spill their water everywhere constantly, and will jump in the bath tub and drink the drips of water before they will drink it out of their bowl....I've thought of getting them a hamster water thing. Anyway, So, I give my pups a NuVet Plus with breakfast, I've noticed a difference in their coats, ears, shedding, etc. and, as soon as this work rotation from Hell is over, I'm going to go grab some Coconut oil because of this quote from @Vikingirl that i found while researching benefits of fish oil vs coconut oil:
"COCONUT OIL
Coconut oil consists of more than 90% saturated fats, with traces of few unsaturated fatty acids, such as monounsaturated fatty acids and polyunsaturated fatty acids. Most of the saturated fats in coconut oil are Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs). The main component (more than 40%) of MCTs is lauric acid, followed by capric acid, caprylic acid, myristic acid and palmitic. Coconut oil also contains about 2% linoleic acid (polyunsaturated fatty acids) and about 6% oleic acid (monounsaturated fatty acids). Coconut oil is higher in Lauric acid than most foods. The only other abundant source found in nature is breast milk. Lauric acid plays a large role in keeping infants from getting viral, bacterial and protozoal infections.
In much the same way, coconut oil can help your dog with specific ailments and contribute to overall health. Capric and caprylic acid have similar properties and are best known for their anti-fungal effects.

BENEFITS

Clears up skin conditions such as eczema, flea allergies, contact dermatitis, and itchy skin
Reduces allergic reactions and improves skin health
Can also help protect your dog against skin cancer and reduce age spots
Makes coats become sleek and glossy, and deodorizes doggy odor
Prevents and treats yeast and fungal infections, including candida
Disinfects cuts and promotes wound healing
Applied topically, promotes the healing of cuts, wounds, hot spots, dry skin and hair, bites and stings
Improves digestion and nutrient absorption
Aids healing of digestive disorders like inflammatory bowel syndrome and colitis
Reduces or eliminates bad breath in dogs
Aids in elimination of hairballs and coughing
Immune System, Metabolic Function, Bone Health such as preventing osteoporosis
Contains powerful antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal agents that prevent infection and disease
Regulates and balance insulin and promotes normal thyroid function
Helps prevent or control diabetes
Helps reduce weight, increases energy
Aids in arthritis or ligament problems"

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
WOW. coconut oil sounds amazing.

I have a big tub of coconut oil just sitting here from something by boyfriend was using it for... and now he doesn't use it anymore. I think I will start giving frank some!

Frank eats better than i do! :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
OMG... that picture is perfect! so cute

I do a lot of the same... paws, butt, wrinkles and at least check the ears everyday. help off couch and bed and I bought a mini-van to make it easier on them getting in and out of the car :D

:rofl: [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Great minds think alike!! I got a mini van for mine,too!

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I wipe Bella's eyes, as needed. Every few days I use Malacetic in her ears, which hazel in her face wrinkles, and witch hazel in her tail pocket. Lately, I've been cleaning her tail pocket more frequently because I'm worried about gunk getting in there. I brushed her teeth once. :) I'd like to keep doing that, as I want her to have great oral hygiene. She seemed to like the teeth brushing process, so that's good.

In her food (Fromm puppy), I add coconut oil. (I've been adding this since I first got her.) I also add fish oil and ACV. That's it.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] I have no "skinners" They are grown and gone-it's just fur van! Even has "fur" seats!:LMAO:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We have a the same schedule that starts at the same time everyday at 0530 and ends between 2000 and 2130. Any deviation from the schedule makes the little princess unhappy and that includes a missed butt wiping.

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
I wiped Brett with Unscented baby wipes too after he does #1 and #2. I always clean his paws too every time he goes and cleans his wrinkles too..luckily no tear stains. Also been giving him fish oil and Ester-C and a teaspoon of yogurt as well. Haven't started on giving him ACV yet. He'll probably won't like it. I stayed with Kirkland Nature's Domain Beef and sweet potatoes since his Breeder started him on that. Although someday I want to do raw diet.

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Oh and also I have a small towel nearby every time he drinks water so I can always wipe his mouth.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sounds like you've gotten off to a good start w/your baby...

Daily I do the daily face wipe w/duoxo pads, and use gold's bond powder or diaper ointment on his bad wrinkles. I only have to butt wipe and ears once a week… but I also use a furminator brush to loosen the undercoat then use a Kong brush to give him a good brushing.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
We have a routine too. And he knows it all too well. Face gets wiped in the morning. After each walk, all four paws, belly, chin, booty. He already knows the drill, and will hand you each paw, LOL.

Lately I haven't been able to keep his face dry either... I just constantly have to dab it dry. We are still dealing with allergies over here. I also use destin in his folds. Clean with malasab wipes or unscented baby wipes & witch hazel.

I also add ACV to his water. Do Yogurt as a treat, and I brush his teeth with coconut oil :) Its the only thing he'll let me brush with. I'm trying to get his teeth in better shape, so that along with his antler. And while he's used to all of this, he'll still give me the "comeee onnnn mommm, when I'm cleaning his face look" haha.

OP
M

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
frank doesn't like the face wiping at all... I try to make it as enjoyable as possible and give him treats during it but he's still a pissed puppy! I'm hoping he'll get used to it. I wish I could just sit him down and tell him... 'you know i'm doing this for your own good right?' haha.

we did have a couple incidents of him getting upset when I was wiping his booty but now he seems to enjoy it and tolerates it just fine.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.