Food boredom?

DCL86

Dec 18, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harleigh
So lately (past 3 days or so) Harleigh has needed some encouragement to eat her food. One of the thoughts we have had, is that she may be bored of the same thing twice a day every day. Does any one have any healthy suggestions to make her food more exciting?

I never ever tought I would be asking this question.

I feed her fromms puppy food (pink bag) with some yogurt. (She is 8 months old)

Thinking of possibly mixing another food with her food, maybe adding some human food with hers. (She has had a taste of some left over meat).

Suggestions please!!! Thank you!!!

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
How timely! Bella has started doing the same thing pretty much. She is normally a vacuum, but the past few days she's been stopping mid-meal...sometimes going back to finish, sometimes not. She also eats much slower than usual. She eats Fromm puppy, as well.

Since your pup is 8 months, I think you can start adult food. Once my Fromm puppy is gone (another month or so), I'm going to adult formula. Bella is 5 months old today.

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
im going through this same thing at the minute with ruby she too is 8month old

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
at 8 months you can switch to the adult line for fromm --- you can add green beans a spoon of plain Greek yogurt or cottage cheese

MugsyBully

Sep 18, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Mugsy
Our Mugsy is 8 months also.
A little clairty please... I thought adult food ( human )was not recommended and neither was Dairy products.
What say you?

MugsyBully

Sep 18, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Mugsy
46e5619b9735a2ddaef5e66a11056dad.jpg

Here is our little one at 60 lbs. 8 months old and eats Instinct puppy

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Try a little warm water and add a drop or 2 of yogurt and see if that helps.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Frankie has become bored with his food as well. We tried a different flavor of the same brand but he still is not eating well. I bought a can of wet food in the same brand of food he eats and will mix in with his kibble. Hopefully he will start to eat better.

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Same with Brett. I don't wanna change his brand of food since he seems doing well with it. I give him yogurt and peanut butter. Is it ok to give fruits?

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I feed Ruckus the Fromm's grain free line and alternate between two different types of food for breakfast and dinner -- well 3 really but I only keep 2 in the house at a time. I buy Beef Frittata, Surf and Turf, or Lamb and Lentils. I also supplement his meals with different goodies like cottage cheese, plain yogurt, unseasoned cooked meat (lamb, beef, etc -- yeah he's my spoiled baby) and that keeps him interested. When I fed him just the pink bag puppy Fromm's I also felt he was getting bored.

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Same with Brett. I don't wanna change his brand of food since he seems doing well with it. I give him yogurt and peanut butter. Is it ok to give fruits?

My bullies only have fruits and vegetables as treats, they love them. They eat a lot of blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, cucumber, carrot and apple.

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Oops, I just posted this exact same topic! Mine seems to be getting bored. I started the plain greek yogurt and he will vacuum it up. He is currently at my father's and I forgot to give him the greek yogurt. He said he wasn't really interested in his food for the past two days. :(

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.