Groomer called her fat!

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Glue??? NOOOOO, we call that the Scooby Doo ear. Look for a groomer that you feel good about and your baby feels good about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I don't know... it's one thing to say: -"Aww, you lill fat adorable ball of fur". I accept from people when they obviously are saying it as a good thing, cos truthfully bulldogs are rounder than most breeds, fat or not:) If my vet or anyone else would just say: -"Bring the fat Bulldog", I would inform them that my bulldog isn't fat and I would give them the stinky eye:stinkeye:.

She doesn't look fat at all and she probably isn't, either way, it's a bit harsh to say something like that, especially if you can't tell if it was a joke or not... She should have made it clear she was meaning it as a compliment or a cute statement. I'm sensitive about my bulldogs, if a person don't appreciate my dogs I simply don't like that person:tongue:

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
OHHHH your nicer than me i would have said something nasty nice to her!!!!!!!!!! who does she think she is, your baby probably looks better than her!! :sneaky2:

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
I took Belle for a spa day today. She needed her nails done and we had a rainy week so I thought a bath wouldn't hurt either. I have a bad shoulder so bathing a dog is hard for me. I met the groomer last week and I was happy with her. It's a small salon but it's modern and clean. When I picked her up, she was clean and her nails looked great. The groomer/owner caught me off guard though because she called out to her assistant to bring up the "fat bulldog". Uhhhh...excuse me?? :blink: I looked at her funny and she smiled and said again, "Yeah, this lady is here for the big fat bulldog." I couldn't really tell if she was joking or not but it seemed like she was serious. I've only owned Belle for a week but her breeder told me that her body condition was ideal when I picked her up. She hasn't changed since then. I know bulldogs are built thicker than other dogs so maybe this lady just isn't familiar with them? Belle has a lot of loose wrinkly skin but I can still feel her ribs although they aren't visible. I feel like she's in great condition but I wasn't happy to hear someone calling her fat...thoughts? Maybe I'm just being too sensitive. She's my baby though and I don't think that was a good thing to say to a new client :rolleyes:
In the words of Fluffy guy, " I am not fat, I am fluffy"😄😄

I get that all the time about Pork Chop, my girl.

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Oh my. Ya I would of had something to say. I'm very sensitive when it comes to Daisy.

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Give your business to somebody with better social and business skills!

- - - Updated - - -

Give your business to somebody with better social and business skills!

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I don't care if my baby is fat, that was just downright rude and uncalled for. I would find a new place. From your pick I don't think that Belle looks fat at all. She looks like she has good definition in her waist.

Staff online

Members online